TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

About a month ago Rogers stated that they were starting the new firmware rollout in Newfoundland, then moving on to NB.  See the link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I have seen no reports regarding the firmware having rolled out to anyone here or over on Digital Home.  I have conjectured (if that's a verb) that Rogers found issues and stopped the rollout, but that's just conjecture and I have no inside information, nor am I a Rogers Employee.  The new firmware was announced by e-mail months ago...

I Plan to Stick Around

I just wish someone would say something. Anything at this point. Good or bad

Mythen

Hello, @Mythen

Thank you for your patience. I see the guide was upgraded on the DCT models both in New Brunswick and Newfoundland. I believe you may be having boxes from DCX models. At this moment, the deployment timeline for the DCX models is not available. However,  I'll update this thread upon receiving additional information regarding the deployment.

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersMoin  Thanks for putting that update out for the Atlantic folks. I am sure it may reduce some of the frustration that we went through in Ontario.  Hope the powers that be provide you the information so you can update them soon.  Thanks for your ongoing support.

@Mythen - Ask directly, and sometimes you will get what you ask for - not a definitive answer, but I am pleased the the Moderators can at least let us know what they know.

Again, thanks @RogersMoin

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes thanks for some information.  So much for the extensive testing Rogers did. 

It would be nice to hear from those customers who have received the update to their DVT boxes.  Do you like it?  Have either one of you had any problems?

Still waiting in NB

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't buy it that  some models  have been upgraded. Do you know anyone that has.  Did anyone hear tell of anyone. Do you see anyone on here looking for help because you know it ain;t gonna work right. No No No. I just don't see it. Probably just as well.   Although the old guide is small and outdated, it  does work for me.  It is just the fact that that all the hype 3 months ago was just that.

I'm Here A Lot

Its now December 9th and no guild update , is there any chance of still getting a good working guild in newbrunswick or has rogers given up on this one , after 2 emails and notices in the mail of this update on the guild still nothing . Thanks rogers for getting my hopes up of a working guild  

I've Been Here Awhile

I was talking to a Rogers Technician yesterday (December 14), we were having trouble with our whole home recordings (our spare room tv box) in the Bedroom wasnt let us play or record shows. Apparently the technician told us it wasn't the problem with the TV boxes or wiring, he said that Rogers are having issues with the new TV guide and its system firmware, also he mentioned that it is going to take a while for the customers in Newfoundland and New Brunswick due to the fact that they (Rogers) are only focusing on the clients in Ontario (they got millions of customers thereso who do you think they are going to take care of first), the technician also said that its going to be months before they are going to get us straightened out(east Canada Clients).

I believe that, you can just look at it ... Ontario got the 4K and Nextbox 3.0...we here only got the outdated Nextbox 2.0...I hope Rogers start focusing on us as well not only central Canada

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Tiny1161 - I am not sure I would attribute it fully to focusing on Ontario and Quebec - It took them 16 months to get our upgrade to the Nextbox 2 and 3 working reliably, so without a doubt they did roll out changes to us first, then made such a mess of it that I am sure it took just everybit of resources to clean that one up. The 4K box was delayed in its implementation and has had its own problems with compatability with some models of name brand TV's, and it took them for ever for them to get the 4K PVR in place.  So things this way may have required more resources, but that shouldn't be the case anymore, as they have finally got things working reasonably well.

In general, our services have been stable for a few months now, so there shouldn't be a lot of resources being used up in Central Canada - personally, I would keep the pressure on them, escalating your concerns to keep the pressure on, hopefully a timely repair and possibly compensation.

I certainly hope they get to your concerns quickly.  

Although they are in a real heated competion with Bell in the Greater Toronto Area, and Bell is leaving them in the dust with their IPTV solutions and reliable Gigabit solutions.

But if they are not careful, they run the risk that they did in this area, that the longer the dealy, the faster people jumped ship.

Maybe if someone out your way can get someone with shares to go the annual general meeting, like happened for us, you will get clear communication on what is going on.  That and a lot of voices out this way got them to at least acknowledge openly what our concerns were.

Again, hope you get satisfaction soon.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Dear Santa:

I think I have been a pretty good boy all year.  I do most everything I am asked me too nearly always when it is supposed to be done.  I never kicked the cat or dog all year....oh and Santa I pay my bill to Mr. Rogers every month.  You know Mr. Rogers the guy on TV that wears a sweater all the time.  Speaking of Mr. Rogers...I hate too squeal on someone else Santa but even though he seems real nice on his TV show I think he may not be a nice boy.  I know you are awful busy..but I think you might want to look into this a bit...incase you still have him on your nice list.   He told me when I started using his company's services that if I did he would give me Rewards for the $$ I paid him now he has stopped doing that.  He told me he would have his Tech guys fix my computers and such if something happened for free.  He stopped doing that.  He told me he would let me watch movies and stuff on his Showmi for free.  He stopped doing that.  He;  just in the last few months he said he would give me a nice new TV guide something like they have in Ontario so my experience would be "Improved".  He never stopped that one...but then again he never got it going either.  I leave it up to you Santa is Mr. Rogers Nice or is he Naughty.  I hope this doesn't make me a naughty boy....you know squealing on Mr. Rogers.

Merry Christmas Santa and everyone...

Webster