TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Has anyone heard anything or gotten the update in New Brunswick yet? I have not and it's Dec 2nd now. This really is a slow roll out. I'm sorry but this can't be the best they could do. At least admit if something goes went wrong people are able to understand issues with technology. It's the really early you are getting this by the end of Oct and then not officially giving an actual you will for sure get it by date.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's in Santas bag ready for Xmas eve. Just kidding but at least i'll tell you something. And i don't need anyone telling me what a highly orchestrated, highly technical rollout this is and oh yeah be patient either. Sounds like orchestrated chaos to me. Surely there is 14 yr old out there that could make a guide.You'd be better off to just forget about it. They have.

I'm a Senior Advisor

If it is like in Ontario, we have different listings in different regions of Ontario - we currently have an online document from them comparing all packages that is 110 pages in length as it includes every different region.

Some users on the board have created individual listings of channel numbers, and channel names and under different packages, and even of older grandfathered packages for people to use, but we have created these ourselves.

And yes, @phil57 you are right, most 14 year olds could do this - they will have been working with spreadsheets, tables, sorting, converting to PDF, spreadsheet or word documents, since about grade 3 and onwards.  So not a real lot of skill required beyond what every student learns in school these days.  It is just that Rogers has chosen not to do it and so we are left doing it, like we do with many things.

You will find models of various lists created by users if you search listings or guides.

Good luck, and yes it is frustrating.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

A Very Rogers Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas

We went for a ride

We just got so tired

Waiting for that new guide

They said they would send it

We know thats not true

They can't figure out

Just what they should do

And so we just wait

And sit back and think

Of what it might look like

Will it work or will it stink

I make fun of this

Because it is right

The new guide will come

But just not tonight

Merry Christmas

I Plan to Stick Around

I note that the Rogers people on here never once have offered an appology for the promised service from Rogers(ie the new guide) not being delivered as hyped from the company in emails and even letter by Canada Post.  They offer only an speculation that;  well they must be working on bugs they have found...we have been told that it was already extensively tested...so when it comes out...if it comes it should be perfect.  This annoyance along with all the things Rogers has taken away in just over the last year....is just another nail.

Its nice  to be told repeatedly to be patient for something that other customers have had for many moons. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Welcome to the forums @Webster01.

You are just stating a similiar concern that many have stated on this forum many times.   When it comes to the implementation of a working guide (Navigtr) here in Ontario, or a listing of channels that is easily managed and representative our current services, you are not alone - we have never really had any apologies formally, other than once we were all offered new movies for 1.00 each for one month as compensation for inconvienence.  I never did watch any of them, they were a group of movies that I don't think performed well, or may not even have been released into theatres.

That really was the only formal statement, other than one single large announcement of committment to fix things after the public disclosure of issues by a customer who was also a shareholder.

So this may be the last nail in your decision to change services.  It was for many, while for whatever reasons, some like myself have remained, but I am constantly looking for alternatives now - more efficient use of my time than trying to get communication, although I do communicate to many hear so that I can provide any support or validation, correction of the points of views that people bring.

You are very correct and have a right to your concern.  You have seen what Ontario went through with promises on the guide, and poor implementation.  I do hope they get it right with your implementation on a different product.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Bruce for your post.  I have been reading these forums for sometime and particularly this thread.  Only tonight did I decide to hit the post button after reading from page 1 once again and realize that a number of folks have raised their concern over a promised feature(in a very respectful way...I should add)only to be handed the "now now be patient you don't really understand how complex the delivery of a updated guide is" attitude.  I'm afraid I have to call BS.  I don't know who or where Rogers get their coding done... but from what I read any negative description of it appears pretty well on the mark.  Ii have to add that I have only been a Rogers customer for all my services since September of 2015 and I find the product is good.  But don't appreciate (A) losing "things" during the year which inducted me to sign with them in the first place.  I liken this to Joe offering to drive Bob to work every day for xx$ a month and saying and I will buy you a coffee every morning.  Which Joe does for a period of time and then the coffee stops.  But...not to derail this thread...(B)This community forum seems to function to a large extent as simply a means to let the Customers vent....some small matters do get settled.  However if Rogers makes three direct representations to us the Customer(as they did on this matter) then I think it is encumbent on Rogers to make a more official statement as to what has happened to their promised service and when its going to be fixed.  As you can tell I really got my hackels up when I reread this thread particularly the  response to Phil57 after he used the work "fiasco".  Well it is a fiasco nothing more nothing less.  No wonder we can't set up the Guide with only subscribed channels...its probably beyond the Coder compitence.  There I have said enough that I may suffer repercussions for expressing my opinion but so be it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Webster01  Thanks for your thorough response - don't call me, I don't have any more answers than you can find.  I think that is your concern, we are supposed to be patient, and trust them, it will come - and yup, they still haven't figured out how to save the unscribed settings beyond a reboot - an important configuration that should be stored in memory storage areas that are maintained in permanent memory, not cleared on reboots'  Memory management 101 - think I learned that one back in my first courses, some 40 years ago.

Other things like consistency of toggle behaviours, on/off, like found in the b button, but not in weather d where you have to use escape - but again, guess when you put too many fingers in the pie, consistency in user interface design gets lost.

And don't worry about repurcusions, you have not stepped outside any of the boundaries of the terms that I can see. You have been polite, constructive, and expressed your disappointement, annoyance, and views, and that is part of what this forum is all about - not just providing solutions, because this is really not the place for effective interactive communication to get improvements or corrections to product problems.

It is good to raise these issues, but I find it to a bit, only a bit, more effective to move to higher layers of technical support, engineering teams (or at least get them to direct the issue there), or directing issues to back office, and also the escalation process to managers, office of president, ombudsman (you don't have to go there, but it doesn't hurt), and then to CRTC, CCTC, or legislators, or media.

Welcome to Rogers and your viewpoints are beneficial - as I have mentioned, I do really hope that your implementation is more timely and more bug free than what we went through - they have shown that they listen, and do make changes and fix most bugs, but it sure takes time.

Oh, I did a review of this thread back to number one - and boy it is a bit of deja vu.  Anyone have any idea just how much of the rollout they have completed for the east coast?

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

On the question of how much of the rollout is done. I'm just to the east of Saint John, NB I've heard of no one coming back saying they finally have it and no one locally. I question whether they have even started the rollout.
I Plan to Stick Around

No reports if anyone in Newfoundland getting the new guide. A rep at a local Rogers store said it was not compatible with the new boxes and it was not gonna be rolling out