TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Rogers could have handled it a lot better.  Why bother to advertise it when you can't provide it to all your customers.  Looks like marketing got way ahead of the technical side.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danfromnfld

The same can be said about any software / software updates that come out with bugs and or get delayed due to unknown reasons or due to finding of things. Electronic systems are the same. Other Cable providers do the same as well. Companies tend to release software and then fix the bugs or issues later on but I guess Roger want to fix things they found first. Also the update again comes out in stages and phases as i said earlier. They advertised it to you guys as they should have but could have found something in the process. Very simple. Again as someone that has worked in the field of marketing, software I see it from all sides, not just a upset customer side. Would I be upset? Yes but it's only a update that I rather get bug free if possible. . If you think you guys waiting is a bad thing, again go read the Navigtr thread to see the ongoing problems the older update had and the new one too. Again it takes time to get things rolling Out especially with cable boxes.. Patience is key. The update will come :).

Hi Community!

Have you guys had a chance to read RogersRoland's post We’re improving your TV experience in Atlantic Canada? As of November 8th 2016 we have started updates to the TV Guide starting in Newfoundland. The updates will be coming to our New Brunswick customers shortly.

If you guys have any questions or concerns feel free to share them in this thread or with us via PM @CommunityHelps.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

As of today November 17th.  Still no guide update.  

Disappointing

Hi @Mythen,

Have you tried rebooting your box in case the update requires a manual push?  You can also contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can review your account. 

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

I have sent the PM 

Mythen

I Plan to Stick Around

It's November 19 and still no new menu on all boxes.   Also Diasppointed and I have an old and new nextbox. 

Soon I hope!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Per the following link, they only started the rollout a couple of weeks ago in Newfoundland.  It was then later to rollout in NB.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Please realize the following:

1. Because there are limits to the servers, only certain areas/STBs get it at a time.

2. It usually takes several weeks for an area to be completed.

3. If there are issues reported during the first of the rollout, they may slow or completely stop the rollout to fix those issues before continuing.

4. If there are issues, you should be glad that you don't have it yet.  

FYI, In July 2015 Rogers started the rollout of Navigatr in one area and it was a disaster for those people. The rollout didn't continue for many months, restarting around December 2015 and it's still not right 1.5 years after the initial rollout.  You can view those threads on Navigatr on this forum.

Just like when there's a new car model, it's always advisable to wait a while before buying.  It's almost always best to purchase 2, 3, 4+ years into a model so that the bugs are sorted.  Please learn to be patient.  I doubt that a few weeks or days are going to kill you.

I Plan to Stick Around

No offense 57 but you truely don't understand what we have here on the east coast.  Your Navigatr guide is not sometthing we will ever have here period.   And they are openly saying that our new guide has already under gone lots of testing.  

Basically its just an HD version of what we already have.  Our current guide is something from the 70's.  

Mythen 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mythen wrote:

1. Your Navigatr guide is not sometthing we will ever have here period.  

2. And they are openly saying that our new guide has already under gone lots of testing. 

1. I realize that.  I was merely providing an example of what can happen when Rogers rolls out a new IPG.

2. I have some swampland that I wish to sell... 😉