TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

I have two PVR Rogers boxes, the older style box now displays the new guide but the newer box (3510) continues to display the old style guide.  What's going on???

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@danfromnfld:

Dan:  I'm not 100% sure, but the firmware rollout may be influenced by the IP address of your various devices.  So one device may get the update first.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danfromnfld

This is normal. Sometimes the older boxes get the updates first before the newer one does. It should take another day or so. Call into tech support and have them zap the box with the new update of possible.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was in contact with support and there is no way to force the update to the box.  We have to wait sadly

Mythen

I Plan to Stick Around

At least someones getting something. My beard is nearly as long as that Santa fellow waiting for it. Actually he'll probably have come and gone here in new brunswick before anything happens...I know, be patient. Its hard to be patient when you get emails and letters 6 weeks ago saying its here. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree with Phil57 why would you release multiple statements even stating that we would have it by the end of the month. That was on about the 4th of Oct by the way. Get things ready first then make announcements.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah who would think that hype would, how did they say it, oh yeah, enhance your viewing experience. I'm really blown away.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

I know you guys want the update but do remember they also tend to find small little bugs and fix them before the update is pushed out and after the internal email was sent out to everyone.

Also do remember the update comes out in phases. As you can see in Ontario the Navigtr update came out and people are still receiving it meanwhile their friends or family got it. Not everyone at once will get it.

Anyways i hope this update comes out to you guys as soon as possible and you guys enjoy it!
I Plan to Stick Around

This will be my last post on this fiasco. I don't care anymore.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phil57

Its not really a fiasco as you claim.. It's a update that is coming out in phases. Patience is key. You must understand things are found during the push of the update and it can stall the update from being pushed out or having them slowly do it because of them fixing the bugs they find. This happens on all software releases and also on all updates. Again patience is key.