TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Still no update on the guild even after getting 2 emails and notice in the mail . I would not usually care but the roger guild they have out now is the worst I have ever seen and I have had bell and other systems that is way better .... if you promise us a new guild don't keep teasing us fix your cable boxes all ready . 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If they're planning on using Navigatr for the firmware, have a look at the most recent thread on Navigatr.  Although Rogers did fix quite a few of the issues that we've been discussing over the past 1.5 years, there are still some issues that are problems for those using Navigatr.

It may be that Rogers thought that the most recent (October) Navigtr had fixed most of the issues and were planning a rollout for you in Atlantic Canada, but when we listed a lot of new issues and unresolved issues in the Navigatr thread, Rogers may have decided to delay the introduction out east.

This is pure conjecture on my part.

I Plan to Stick Around

We will not be using Navigatr out east any time soon. the guide update we are talking about is seen below.  I to have gotten two emails and a letter in the mail.  And still has of now no guide update.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz--0HWX9jw&feature=youtu.be

Mythen

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interestingly, the following paragraph is displayed under the YouTube Video:

It's now easier than ever to find your shows and watch TV with Rogers. The new Navigatr Program Guide is launching to our customers in Atlantic Canada, with easier search, updated user design, and an updated PVR, so you can record your favourite shows to watch later.

The video doesn't look like our Navigatr and shows Rovi on the screen. Perhaps since you're using Motorola equipment, you'll be getting the TiVo-like interface that Cogeco has.  I believe Rovi is now part of TiVo, er, the other way around, but with the TiVo name.

I Plan to Stick Around

A little update to let people know whats going on wouldn't hurt. Wouldn't want to do something like that. When you get a bunch of emails saying it's here and watch videos that says it's here and in reality, it ain't here, you kinda wonder.  Nice work. Get the hype up, keep them hanging. Better off without it. Likely be a mess anyway.

I Plan to Stick Around

see the rollout started in nfld today and coming to new brunswick in the coming weeks.Geez. guess the emails were a bit premature. just great. thanks alot

I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you get that info from that the guide update was coming to Newfoundland?

Mythen

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I Plan to Stick Around

Great news ty.  haven't seen the update yet though

Mythen

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mythen

The update will take a few hours or a day / 2 to get to everyone in NF. It takes time. I know in Scarborough where I am in, my buddy that lives 10 minutes away got it first and my parents house got it a couple days later. It's all going out in phases.