TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

you're very welcome RogersRoland.

I Plan to Stick Around

click menu on remote then go down to audio/video then widescreen guide & see if its set to on (16:9).
also check your tv setting to see if its set to 16:9 if you have a ratio option. it may be in settings in tv menu.but it should fix the 4:3 problem
I'm Here A Lot

I have a weird bug on mine too. I love my sports channels, and ch. 502, SN1, is always hidden from the guide when I turn on the box. I go into settings, unhide it, and it then appears. The next day, I have to go through the process again. Every day. I do subsribe to the channel, and I was hoping that the new update would fix the problem, but nope, still there. Also, my bedroom mini-box does not have the ability to hide any channels from the guide, even though the option is there in the settings. You can go through the process, but none are hidden.

I Plan to Stick Around

Here's few pictures on how to change the widescreen guide format.

1st step

1st step

2nd step

20170319_054314.jpg

3rd step

20170319_054330.jpg

4th step

20170319_054403.jpg

bigger picture with bigger text/font...... Also notice only 5 showings vertically unlike 7 with the smaller version.

20170319_054416.jpg

default guide with smaller text/font....... notice 7 showing verticallyinstead of 5 with 4:3 size.

20170319_054436.jpg

by changing the widescreen guide from 16:9 to 4:3 its not changing the text individuallybut the whole guide to appear bigger. So this should be easier to read for those who seem to be having trouble reading the smaller version. &i dont find it blurry or hard to read with the darker background with white text.

but for those who cant for some reason read the default guide setting try the steps above & im sure its the same instructions that rogers has been telling people. but some say oh this doesnt work or they dont notice any difference. so either theres a setting thats incorrect in their pvr or their tv. cause isure notice a difference when i go back & forth & the 4:3 does get bigger on my tv. ive had a person say she tried & didnt see any difference. i dont see how they couldnt when the 4:3 does make the guide bigger. just notice the 2 time grids removed on right side & the preview window top right corner. the 4:3 is definately bigger whereas 16:9 is smaller. so those people who say this option doesnt make any difference well i dont know what more to say.but it does work.

this is all im going to say regarding this guide matter. too much arguing on facebook about it with customers saying theyre going to leave rogers & go with bell. well bells guide is similar & probably no bigger than this new upgraded rogers one.

happy viewing all.....

I Plan to Stick Around

The new guide is working fine here.  In fact I perfer the updated look.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same. I love the new guide.  And everything is working as it should 

I've Been Here Awhile

I just want to say, that I personally REALLY do not like the new VOD that was updated.  I am not a fan of it at all,  I find the monochromatic color scheme taxing to look at.  And speaking as someone who takes care of 2 elderly parents, I can say that for them, they find this new screen nearly impossible to read.  I think the main fault is how small all the listings are.  
I wish there was a way that you could switch back to the old VOD... or have the choice of which one you wanted to use, rather than being forced to use this one.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RBailey wrote:

...they find this new screen nearly impossible to read.  I think the main fault is how small all the listings are... 

I'm not sure if the settings outlined in post 124 have an affect on VOD. Did you try that?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes.  I've tried what was suggested.  If I change the ratio to 4:3 then yes, the guide gets bigger, but the sides and top are cut off. And when you try to watch a channel the HD widescreen ratio is also affected.  
I've tried over and over again to find the magic combination to get the guide to appear bigger without being cut off to the point that it can't be read, and still having widescreen while channel watching, but none of the options I've seen in this thread work for our TV.  
I appreciate that others are not having a problem.  But I am.  And it's annoying.