TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

@57channels wrote:
Happy that we got the new guide but one thing I've noticed already that I don't like. When you're on a non-HD channel and display the guide, it appears in a 4x3 box, and distorted. So the guide is only in HD format if you open it from an HD channel. Weird, and kinda annoying.

This is because your STB is set to "Native" format instead of a single format like 1080i.  Native will send 480i for SD channels. Go into the User settings and change your output to say 1080i instead of Native.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Setup

This should also speed up your channel changes when changing formats - 480i, 720P, 1080i.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya maybe pvr setting is set at 4:3.
Click menu on remote go down to video output and look at video output format. Set it to 1080i wide then go down below that to widescreen guide and set it to 16:9.
It may be set to 4:3.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just received the upgrade for the guide. It is definitely not an improvement. Very small print, hard to read and I'm not old. My late 80's parents are really struggling with it. If we could increase the size it might help.

Epic fail Rogers!

I've Been Around

But we still can't only show the channels we're subscribed to right? When changing over to Rogers last summer they told me this feature was on its way. Seems like its basically a cosmetic change rather than a major upgrade.
Still way behind FibreOp in atlantic Canada.
I'm Here A Lot

IF i change the tv display format to wide, then the SD channels get stretched, as they are not in 16:9 format to begin with. I dislike distorted tv shows more than I dislike a distorted guide. And I don't have a "Native" cable box output setting. I have it set at 1080i for HD, and 480p for SD. I have tried all the settings for both box and tv, and it looks like I'll have to live with seing the guide in SD format when I open it from SD channels.

And cajun99, you're right, there is no way to easily display only the channels you subscribe to. They want you to see all the stuff you don't have, so maybe you'll be tempted to buy the extra channels. You can manually hide channels, but it's a huge task to do it for hundreds of channels.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57channels wrote:
...I don't have a "Native" cable box output setting. I have it set at 1080i for HD, and 480p for SD.

What's the model number of the box?  Is it not possible to set the output as 1080i for all channels?

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

As of March 14 2017, All DCX boxes in New Brunswick have been upgraded to the new Atlantic guide. To learn more about the new guide, check out this helpful video on this post HERE.

For those experiencing an issue with the smaller font size, check out this helpful guide in our How To Videos & Knowledge Articles board.

Thank you to @southsider1036 for the tip.

RogersRoland

I've Been Around

I got the upgrade last weekend and I lost chanels and the TV guide is slower than every to navigate! this is unacceptable

I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same problem with almost 40 lost chanels, just unplug your tv box, wait 15 seconds, replug, change to a lost chanel and wait. Your chanels should come back in a couple of seconds. I got all my lost chanels back and all is fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

One thing I was shure they were going to fix is the the Turner Classic Movie bug on chanel 327, if you turn on the option "Auto-tune to HD" the chanel is locked but if you turn this option off, the TCM chanel works. This bug is kind of Funny!