TV Guide Never Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

TV Guide Never Updates

I still see the old fashioned guide.  The one where you can change the colors  - Roller Rink, etc.  I don't mind, but when people come to my house they always comment on it.  For some reason I never get any updates.  

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TV Guide Never Updates

@ChrisCross What box do you have? What area do you live in?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

All Rogers Technicians can suggest is to unplug for 5 minutes. Never works.  I don't mind the colorful guide actually, I'm used to it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hoping ou have rebooted the box already?

Beyond that.. my guess is siganl related.. that its not communicating with the back end.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@ChrisCross  Do you have the Scientific Atlanta 8300 box?  If so - it will NOT be getting the Navigatr guide. 

And believe it or not - if you ever try the new Navigatr interface - you may be happy to still be able to use the old (SARA) interface on the 8300 box.

If you ever DO get Navagatr - please come back here and let us know what you think of it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Definitely signal related.  I purchased the HDTV Box 3 years ago.  Rogers wants me to buy or rent a new box... instead of sending a technician to my home to sort out signal from basement.  I was with Bell at my other residence... they're just as indifferent.

I actually posted wondering if anyone else still got the old fashioned colorful guide.  

I'm a Trusted Contributor

So does your box say Nextbox on the front of it?  Which model box is it?

I Plan to Stick Around

As I pointed out in my post - I haven't received an update in 3 years.  Still with the old fashioned colour guide, blue or green or whatever colour I choose from the selection.

If I purchased a Scientific Atlanta 8300 brand new box - I'd still see the old style TV guide as it's a signal issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Purchased 3 years ago.  Explorer HD.  It's the signal not the box that's the issue. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like you  may have a Nextbox 2 (8642) with SARA firmware installed. 

Consider yourself lucky and stick with it.