TV Guide Frozen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

TV Guide Frozen

Hello, I have been having issues with my tv guide. It seems that if I hit a channel on my remote, it will go to that channel and work great, but if I hit guide, it will go to the guide, still broadcast the channel in the top right but i cant scroll up or down on the guide or exit from it. Its like its frozen but still showing the channel playing in the top right corner. Is this a cable box issue or a problem with the HDMI cord. Picture and video is very clear and sound is great. 

***EDITED LABELS***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Guide Frozen

@Matt1209:

1. Have you tried to reboot the box to see if that fixes the issue?  (Unplug it for a few seconds, plug it back in and wait a few minutes until after it has rebooted.

2. What is the make/model of your set top box?

3. The fact that you can see/hear things on your TV means it's unlikely to be an HDMI cable issue.

4. It's also possibly a signal strength issue at your home or in your neighbourhood. Call Rogers and have them check your signal.  Here's a post on that topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Nextbox reciever. and yes the video and sound worked fine. So can I rule out HDMI cord. And is it safe to say it would be either  a box issue or signal issue. I did manage to get it working. I unplugged the box for 15 minutes and changed the HDMI cord and when plugged the box back in it worked. Would it be the box being reset or the fact that I put a new HDMI cord on. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Matt1209:

It was very likely the reboot that fixed it. That's the first thing to try if you have any issues.

If you need any more assistance, please provide the exact make/model of your box (i.e. Cisco 4642).  There are many NextBoxes.