TV Channel out of sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: TV Channel out of sync

I have the same problem. Alwayswith the same channel. WPIX from NYC. I booted the nextbox and no change. Whats up? Very annoying

I've Been Around

Baby First (BABY1) channel severely out of audio/video sync

Hi there.

Baby First TV (BABY1), is severely out of audio sync. The channel is 233 in our area, which is Scarborough/Toronto. This is definitely not an issue on our end, since all other channels we watch are fine. It's only this one channel. Furthermore, it's not just say 100 ms or something. It's actually a couple of seconds out of sync.

At first I thought it was just dubbed audio from a show originally in another language, but after looking at it more closely it seems at least some (if not all) of the shows are in English, but just horribly out of sync. It should be noted though that a lot of the shows are animated with puppets or other stuff like that so it's hard to notice the incorrect sync in some shows, but you'll notice it if there are actually humans talking or if the show is a song describing something on screen.

Are others noticing this? It's been like this for months, ever since we've discovered this channel for the kids.

Cheers,

EugW

I'm a Senior Advisor

Looks okay to me right now.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just checked and 233 synch is way off -  2-3 seconds.  My other channels are fine. Contact Rogers - they should be able to check at their end and correct the situation.

Perhaps it's related to the head end if others are not seeing the same issue.  I'm in Toronto.  It's also possible that @OLDYELLR checked channel 233, but it's not Baby on his map.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I had the right channel, but no animations with moving lips; however the sound matched what I was seeing close enough.  Now, looking at it again with characters moving lips, it does look a bit out of sync.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

I have been noticing that the picture and the sound do not match on some shows on some channels.  Seems to be off by a couple of seconds.  Very annoying to watch people talking on tv and it does not match.

It is not every show on a particular channel.  Noticed it this weekend on SPIKE.  There have been others.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a link discussing synch issues.  Hope that helps:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/131926-post2.html