TSN in Hamilton

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

TSN in Hamilton

When will all five TSN channels be available in Hamilton?

It's particularly frustrating to NASCAR fans as today's Kansas race is available on 3 of the 5 TSN channels -- but they are the three not available in Hamilton.

Is there any chance of piping in TSN 1 in place of one of the two we receive? Better yet, please just pipe in all five TSNs asap.

***Edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: TSN in Hamilton

Why are the 3 new TSN channels not available to me in the Hamilton area?

We apologize for any inconvenience but at this time, we’re unable to offer the new TSN channels in the Hamilton area. We are working to bring these services to you as soon as possible and more information will be provided when it becomes available.

THIS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
I'm a Senior Advisor

If only one TSN cnahhle is available, they pump in the "local" feed - meaning the one allowed to show NHL hockey in your area.  For Hamilton, I believe its 4.  In Ottawa, for example, its 5.

As you know, Rogers took over for Shaw in the Hamilton area, so my guess is that it has something to do with the existing Shaw infrastructure as to why they can't broadcast all 5 feeds in that area.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

First they take away TSN2 from my package. (ex Mountain/Shaw), I had to fight to get that one back.  They will only give it to me for a year, where it was in my package with Shaw.

Now I go to watch the Nascar race, and TSN1 is GONE!  So much for the promises that nothing will change when Rogers takes over.  All I get from Rogers customer service is "TSN 1 is not available in the Hamilton area".  Well they can't spell Binbrook on their website, so my expectations should be low.  My Bell service has TSN1, and yes I have both Rogers and Expressvu.

If you pay for something, you should get it delivered!  I now see from the latest billing, (FINALLY), that my bill will increase from $127. for 3 (mountain/shaw) services to about $180/mo for Rogers.  Again, unless they credit me the difference, so much for Rogers promises.  I only got mountain because I could get high speed internet when they laid fibre on my country road.  The phone was 20 bucks, and I thought heck, throw in the basic tv for another 30.  Now I am going to re-think the whole thing.  A $50 all you can eat home cell phone is starting to look pretty good, and I don't need 2 tv services.

I've Been Around

I have been upset with the changes in Hamilton. When I started with Mountain Cable, I loved it. The sale to Shaw was not that bad and service was still decent. But the sale to Rogers has been horrible especially since we loss of the main TSN. I have missed two Nascar races and now a couple of NFL Countdown. All they keep saying "we are aware of the problem and working on it". I have complained numerous times. How long deos it take.  According to a the TSN main thread, all Rogers should have all five channels. They lie about this and it seems to show that they do not care about all of their customers in Hamilton. I tried to log into TSN on the first race but could not stream as we where still Shaw "customers" even though we owned by Rogers. The second missed race I could not log in because of issues my new "My Rogers" account and the password which took 3 hours to solve. They could not do this over the telephone and had to be done online. How stupid is that. If this keeps up, I might seriously look into Bell Fibre which in my area and can be run into my townhouse.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Nobody here can give any timeline as you when all the TSNs will be available to former Hamilton Shaw customers.

This is a user to user forum and we're have as much information as you do.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's been many many months since TSN launched its 5-channel world and Hamilton still does not have access to all of them. Sunday's NASCAR race is on TSN 3, so customers in Hamilton will not be able to watch it as we only get TSN 2 and 4 on our system.

Many stations have been added in recent months -- why not TSN1, 3 and 5?

When will they all be added?

Good afternoon @99luftballoons ,

Thank you for your feedback, we understand the inconveniences of not having access to certains channels.

At this time, we are unfortunately unable to confirm on what date these channels will be made available to our Hamilton customers.

Sorry about that. We will let you know as soon as more information is confirmed.

Have you thought about watching Sunday's Nascar race online ?

This could be an alternate solution until we can grant you access to the missing TSN channels.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

That's not an acceoptable solution this many months later. If I was a Bell Fibe customer, I would get the full complement of TSN channels. I suspect I will be a Bell Fibe customer in the near future.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's happening again tomorrow night. NASCAR on the 3 TSNs we DON'T get in Hamilton. Nothing on the two we do get. Too late to switch to Bell Fibe or Zazeen today, but have to do it next week.