TSN Go app on Iphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

TSN Go app on Iphone

Does anybody have this working?

I log in using my rogers account like it says but the live TSN and TSN2 are still locked??

Rogers had me install the anyplace tv and it worked for TSN and TSN2 live streams. I said I tthought there was a charge to use that app and streams and I was told that "No sir it is included otherwise you would have had to agree to the charge when you signed in"

Not fully having confidence in his answer, I went into the app and looked at subscription and it says I am subscribed and paying now 5.00 per so many GB.

I am not very happy about this since if the TSN Go app works it's no charge since I already pay for TSN etc on my home tv.

Any thoughts.

Thanks.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TSN Go app on Iphone

Well, first thing would be to cancel via the app (it you can) or call in and cancel that part.
(Looks like you can from the app)

Now, I have not used any live tv from the app before, and I went in to find it subscribed! Where as that area had always been blank before.

Now I had been playing in the web app and did like 2 mins of live. I think this may have triggered it, but did not prompt me 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just installed the app. It did become unlocked for me.

Are you logging in via your myrogers login which is associated with your tv account?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Are you logging in via your myrogers login which is associated with your tv account?

@Gdkitty wrote:

Yes I am using the same logon that I use when I go to rogers and check my account info etc. This is strange. You have TSN and TSN2 as part of your cable package at home correct?

It's almost as if it doesn't think I am subscribed, and my thinking is that TSNHD and TSN2 used to be part of packages that required seperate subcriptions and now they are part of the regular cable package so there is some glitch.

Having said this if you have the same sports channels and you can log into tsn go maybe it's something that Rogers has to look at from their end. Although the tech I spoke with didn't really seem to understand about the problem :^(

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the VIP package, which has the TSN and TSN2 in it.

The video never actually LOADED for me.. just sat and spun.. but that may be another issue.. it DID lock/unlock though, if i loged in and out...
So as far as i know.. it WAS validating me correctly...

Though it does sound like yours, is not 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I have the add on sports plus package, so I guess I will contact Rogers again and see if the technical people can figure it out. Since I can't get it unlocked on TSN on pc either probably some registration glitch.

Thanks for responding
I Plan to Stick Around

Nasty that live tv app subscribes on its own. It is supposed to prompt so now that it doesn't a lot of people will be shocked when they get their bill.

Unless of course it really is Free now to compete with the other guys.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is some 'free overage' thing on right now.. so maybe its free period.. not sure 😞

Better safe than sorry.. i made sure to un-subscribe.
And IF there is a thing for it on my next bill, i will call in for it to be reversed 🙂

I've Been Around

Hi this is my first post on this forum.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a new issue but I'm extremely frustrated so hoping someone can shed some light.

Over a week ago all the live content on the TSN GO app and Rogers AnyPlace TV website became "locked". I keep getting an error message saying I must not be subscribed. Calls to tech support have verified I am fully subscribed but still no change. I've been redirected, left messages, done the live chat, put on hold ad nauseum and still no relief.

I have an open ticket  - CT09362870 - if any techs are monitoring this forum and I'm beyond frustrated that no-one can tell me why a service I pay for isn't working. That's another weekend without Super Rugby that I'm not happy about missing.

Can anyone help or advise how to get this fixed? Up until last week the system was working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.