TSN 4K

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TSN 4K

@Chipwell wrote:
Yeah, the guide was showing that the Denmark Swiss game was on but when I went to the channel only got the logo. Been this way since the start of the tournament. Saw that another user was having the same problem and wondered if everyone was having it as well. Bell Fibe customers seem to be getting the games.

I just finished watching the Denmark vs Switzerland game in 4K on 991. I'm in Woodstock ON.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply. I’m in Ottawa and couldn’t get it on there. I’ll see if it comes up for the Canada game later tonight and if not i’ll contact my concierge tomorrow.

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually I was having a similar problem the other day, although I didn’t get the 4K symbol. I just got a message pop up that said something like, “sorry but we seem to be having a problem. Please try again later”

I was thinking that perhaps the signal wasn’t strong enough to stream 4K because I had been having problems with the picture dissapearing for 5 or 10 seconds or so.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Chipwell, don’t wait until tomorrow to call the concierge, they’re available 24/7. They’ll be better able to determine the issue if its happening when you’re speaking to them

I Plan to Stick Around

Just reset my modem as I just found that some of the music channels weren’t coming up. Seems to have fixed that problem but now TSN doesn’t have anything broadcasting in 4K. Have to wait for the 8pm game.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just tried to watch the Leaf game on channel 996. Got the message “ Something’s not working. Sorry about that. We’ll have it fixed shortly. Please try again later.”

Wonder if this is a Rogers problem or TSN’s. Or maybe the signal isn’t strong enough?

I Plan to Stick Around

Try restarting the box at that tv, seems to work sometimes to get the channels to work.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I just got off the phone with technical support and they are pulling a ticket for the issue as they were able to have the same problem on their end. They say it could be a Rogers issue or a TSN issue. Guess no 4K junior action for me tonight.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TSN 4K.

Will it be another 30 years before we have all channels in 4k? 4 4k channels after 5 years is  just so not worth it. It also looks like TSN 4k is just not happening. So I expect that I won't have to worry about ignite at all until Rogers makes everyone switch over  in 2050.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: TSN 4K.

Hello @Sundog1966

Its up to each channel broadcaster to produce movies / shows and broadcast in 4K. That includes Rogers and Bell which own most of the sporting channels and other media channels. You would think CP24 which is a huge media channel would be broadcasted in 4K right? However Bell doesn't.

TSN is owner by Bell as we all know. Now Rogers and Bell have to set a contract in order to get 4K feed from them. Bell is the same way. They only have a few channels in 4K as well. Not everything is upscaled to 4K broadcasting.

So it may take more time to do it. Remember how many years it took for 1080 to actually be prodcasted. I would love to see more channels and containt in 4K. However I know it will take a long time to get it.

8K is already coming out with LG, Samsung and Panasonic. Seen the prototypes at their event. In 3yrs we will see 8K screens.