TSN 4K

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

TSN 4K

Currently have a 4K set up.... they boast they have 4 4K channels 2 sports net 2 tsn plus a music..... any reason why TSN4K channels are always off the air ?.... I’ve never seen anything on it?

***Edited Labels***

Re: TSN 4K

Hello & welcome to the Community @David378 Robot Happy!

I hope you've enjoyed the available 4K channels so far. As far as content availability goes, that's entirely up to the broadcaster. For more information on TSN 4K Broadcast Schedule please visit TSN.ca.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same problem and they are broad casting but Rogers cannot get it together to actually deliver what we pay for
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, there is very little programming available on TSN (and SN) that's actually in 4K. There are only several programmes per month.  Here's a thread on the topic of Sports in 4K.  Check out how little there is.  

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/160-whats-sports/285941-sports-4k-canada.html

If it weren't for the World Juniors this and next month, there are only typically about 1-2 programmes per week in 4K on TSN 4K.  This (TSN) fact has nothing to do with Rogers.  (SN is owned by Rogers, but again, very little is broadcast in 4K, often due to lack of equipment at the venue). I would equate this to the early days of HD over 15 years ago, only now, the difference in PQ is nowhere near as great as it was from SD to HD.  Having just spent billions to migrate everything to HD, there is not much urgency (for broadcasters) to go to 4K for the select few people who have 4K capabilities (at this time).

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-4k-broadcast-schedule-1.900579

I Plan to Stick Around

Well tonight a friend with bell watched it in 4k and the junior hockey game was televised but Rogers did not show it. The problem as usual is work Rogers. I have called them several times and each time am told a ticket is created but there is no action from Rogers. The tech support manager could not find those tickets so it appears that this is just another lie from Rogers
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone able to get any of the Juniors games on TSN 4K? The guide keeps showing that the games are broadcast in 4K on TSN 4K but when I go to the channel there is nothing but the TSN 4K logo.

I Plan to Stick Around

First off, you need to have a 4K capable TV; secondly, you need to go into your menu on the stb, choose apps, then choose device settings, then video display, then video output resolution, then scroll down and choose best possible resolution, which, if your TV is 4K capable will be 4K

I Plan to Stick Around

I have done all of those things and get the 4K music channels and 4K sports net channels, I just haven’t been able to get any of the juniors games to come up on TSN 4K, it just has the 4K logo showing.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think you may find that TSN may only be showing some of the games in 4K. The next game that TSN will be showing today is the Canada vsthe Czech Republic at 8:00pm on channel 991

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, the guide was showing that the Denmark Swiss game was on but when I went to the channel only got the logo. Been this way since the start of the tournament. Saw that another user was having the same problem and wondered if everyone was having it as well. Bell Fibe customers seem to be getting the games.

Topic Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation