TSN 4K

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TSN 4K

From the link(s) I provided in post 4 of this thread, there are only occasional programmes in 4K on TSN4K (and other 4K channels).  Here's the link again.  The next TSN 4K programme is Switzerland vs. Russia tonight.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-4k-broadcast-schedule-1.900579

So, if there is no 4K content available it's possible that TSN4K only shows something when it's actually 4K, unlike other 4K channels which may show upconverted HD programming in much the same way that HD channels show upconverted SD programming sometimes.  In the early days of HD almost 20 years ago, some HD channels were only "broadcasting" when there was an HD programme available.

Make sure that the TSN programme that you're attempting to view is actually available in 4K.  If it's supposed to be 4K, and you're not seeing it, then please do complain to Rogers so that they can iron this out.  Also first check to make sure that the other 4K channels are shown properly on your 4K TV (Stingray for example).

I Plan to Stick Around

They tell me I need a tech to come to my house. Basically they have no idea. I have a ticket item and it's been open for way too long. Ignite support is so amazingly poor.

I Plan to Stick Around

This has been reported. It has gone as far as the president office but they really don't seem to know what to do. A tech was just at my place and he confirmed that there is nothing about my hardware that is the problem. I could say again how bad sorry is but I won't
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lsheen6212 wrote:
A tech was just at my place and he confirmed that there is nothing about my hardware that is the problem.

As discussed in post 21 of this thread, if there is nothing on in 4K on TSN 4K channel(s), then there's probably nothing to check. Per post 21, can you get other 4K channels/programming, because you should be able to.

Check again tonight after 8PM when the game is on.

I Plan to Stick Around

Imagine my surprise when at 8:00 I went to the TSN 4k station and all there is was the TSN 4k banner.  You have to imagine it because there was no surprise.   I have two active cases about this problem.  (2 because Ignite support is so poorly supervised that they just keep on creating new ones each day).

Perhaps now the Resident Expert can finally admit that Rogers is not broadcasting TSN 4k.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

TSN 4K is working just fine for me on Ignite TV for the junior game on now and last night ...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lsheen6212 wrote:

Perhaps now the Resident Expert can finally admit that Rogers is not broadcasting TSN 4k.

Per post 26 of this thread and other previous posts, some people are getting the TSN 4k signals.  I'm not sure if this is area-specific, or something amiss at your location.  You didn't answer my question as to whether you are able to view other 4k channels/content?  If you are able to view the other 4k channels, then you need to continue to pursue this (TSN 4k) issue with Rogers.  If you are not able to view other 4k channels, perhaps post 7 of this thread will help with the setup?

I Plan to Stick Around

I can view "Rogers" Sportsnet on 4K with only a few problems.  I have two tickets for the TSN problem (as I stated support has problems and has created 2 when one is needed).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lsheen6212 : Thank you for your reply.  If you also have some issues with SN4k, perhaps there is a signal issue of some sort in your home or neighbourhood. I would have thought that the tech visit would have found it if there was, but some techs are better than others.  Good luck sorting this out and Happy New Year.

PS. I'm not sure why, but sometimes I also end up with several ticket numbers for the same issue. They can be cross-referenced.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had two techs in the last couple of weeks.  They both confirm that there is no signal problems.  Even if there were I would doubt that a signal problem would cause the TSN 4K banner to show if there was.  Since going to Ignite I have had nothing but problems.   I could spend hours writing about all of them and I have given Rogers every opportunity to fix the problems.  Talking with customer service they want me to know that it is a new product and with that problems will happen.   I don't remember in their ads for Ignite it saying please remember its new so it will have problems.

As for the multiple tickets a supervisor told me that they have problems with the interfaces between their tiers of support.  All this really adds up to a product from a company that has problems.  Even the presidents office cannot get support to fix these problems in a timely fashion.