TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Unless I'm misreading your post, Rogers has nothing to do with what TSN airs.  Rogers is just the conduit between TSN and you.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

As has been said, those sports channels originated some time ago and I've forgotten the reason for so many when they're mostly all the same.  (

Hockey.  Hockey is the reason.

TSN holds the regional broadcast rights to the Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets and partial rights to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

When TSN acquired those rights, they created 1,3,4, and 5 so they could regionalize their broadcasts (e.g.  show the Senators game on TSN5 while showing alternate programming across the rest of Canada) to comply with the NHL's broadcast requirements.

TSN2 was TSN's first foray into an alternate network and often shows different programming from TSN1,3,4 and 5.

I Plan to Stick Around

@OloBula wrote:

Why Rogers gives coverage for only one UEFA Chmpions Leauge semifinal /May 2nd, on channel 494/. What about the other semifinal?

The other semi-final is to be shown Wednesday May 3 on Bein Sports Canada Rogers Channel 391 starting at 2:40pm according to the beinsports canada website. Presently the Rogers Programming Guide does not reflect this but shows a repeat La Liga soccer game being shown in that time slot. 

Obviously bein Sports Canada, not TSN, has rights to this 2nd semi-final game.

I've Been Around

Which channels show TSN 1,2,3,4,5?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@HelenNigro:

It can depend on your location. In Toronto Ch 494-498 (HD)

I've Been Here Awhile

I like to watch TSN feeds for games but I've noticed that TSN feed always has an issue. Some issues are White Balance being WAYYY off, the score ticker looks screwed up, and the feed is low quality being 480p which isn't the HD experience advertised. I have watched other feeds and it just seems to be TSN which experiences these problems.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The only sports I regularly watch is motorsports and cycling. I've never noticed any such video anomalies.

One quarrel I have with TSN is that they're inconsistent as to which channels they broadcast Formula 1 racing on. Qualifying and the Race are seldom on the same channel and it varies from weekend to weekend. And sometimes they switch the channel half way through the week so when I've scheduled my recordings on Monday, I've found that I got Sportsdesk or something on the weekend.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I have basic cable.im paying 75 dollars but i only have 1 tsn.WHY?
I'm a Senior Advisor

Because only one TSN feed is available in basic cable.

More specifically, your regional feed.  You may also be able to receive TSN2, depending on your cable package.

If you have a digital cable box (i.e. some form of NEXTBox), you should be able to get all the TSN's at 494-498.  If you only have a digital adapter and cannot access those channels, then you're limited to the single regional feed.

I've Been Here Awhile

Pvr is also from rogers,i bought it at rogers store.Why do i need to have a nextbox.Thats not fair and its a thief.