TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

@NancyL1 wrote:

it will be too late by the time someone answers...curling is on NOW   on TSN3  !  I have no idea where to find it, and I'm certainly not going through over 500 channels looking for it ! wtg Rogers...perhaps if you publicized the numbers of your new channels ? I never even knew there were 3, 4, and 5 TSNs.

TSN 1-5 are hardly new.  They've been around for at least 3 or 4 years now.

TSN publicized the heck out of the channel numbers when they were introduced.  Not too sure what else you want the channel or Rogers to do.... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreeed. TSN1-5 have been around for years.  Searching on the PVR should find the programme, as would searching on AnyPlace (on the web) or RAPTV app on tablet/phone.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/410?setLanguage=en

Complaining about the number of channels is really not an excuse. If a programme is on a channel that I don't regularly watch, or know, searches are easy to come by and there are several alternatives, as mentioned above.

In Toronto, TSN is on 494-498 and several other locations on the dial.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes I agree, TSN 1-5 have been around for quite some time now but its true sports fanatics will memorize channel numbers because they need to know them but the person who watches maybe once a blue moon wont remember. I think Rogers cable is in DIRE Need of a channel number re-alignment badly. The numbers are not making any more sense. They should do what bell does and group them by theme and make HD in the 1000's

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you Paulie for your understanding. First of all...I am 83 years old and do not understand much of the computer language..(PVR etc.)  I did finally try the search button (I had never used it before....sorry !)and found TSN3, but too late to watch the Bronze medal game...Luckily I am now happily watching the Gold medal Curling match. Perhaps it HAS  been around for years...I watch baseball & curling...always on TSN or RSN , we didn't even have an HD box until about 2 years ago , so with less than 50 channels...(basic plus original sports channels pack)  we had no need to know these myriad other channel numbers, and of course...not listed on Channel 3 guide.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:
They should do what bell does and group them by theme and make HD in the 1000's

Rogers do have channels organized by themes. There are Timeshift, Children, News, Sports, Movies, French, Music, Ethnic, etc.

Rogers originally had all the HD channels in the 500s and most of them are still there.  After they had more than 100 HD channels, they started extending downward into the 400s.  They do not have channels in the 1000, perhaps because of limitations of the equipment, or perhaps because it would cause a lot of complaints for people who are used to the existing 500/400 channels.  In addition, keying in 4 numbers instead of three is a pain, especially if all you watch is HD.

I'm Here A Lot

hahahaha  so funny...this is how rumours start, by people changing wording to suit their own agenda  !

I blamed Rogers because I expected to find prorams listed in the basic  channel 3 TV guide, not the Guide on my remote which would take about an hour to go through 500 or 600 channels to find TSN3

I'm a Senior Advisor

@NancyL1 wrote:

Thank you Paulie for your understanding. First of all...I am 83 years old and do not understand much of the computer language..(PVR etc.)  I did finally try the search button (I had never used it before....sorry !)and found TSN3, but too late to watch the Bronze medal game...Luckily I am now happily watching the Gold medal Curling match. Perhaps it HAS  been around for years...I watch baseball & curling...always on TSN or RSN , we didn't even have an HD box until about 2 years ago , so with less than 50 channels...(basic plus original sports channels pack)  we had no need to know these myriad other channel numbers, and of course...not listed on Channel 3 guide.

As has been said, those sports channels originated some time ago and I've forgotten the reason for so many when they're mostly all the same.  (There's the original Ch 30 TSN4, then Channels 494-498 which are TSN1HD through TSN5HD.)  You pretty much have to go through the Guide to be sure you'll see (or record) what you're expecting. In the beginning I even  had all the numbers written down, but don't need the list now.  I also remember setting a recording of a Formula One race using the Search function and then discovering that TSN or Rogers had switched it to another channel when I went to watch and all I caught was the last half of the race live on another channel.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you, old yeller...I have done that now...I have both I have TSN2 and 3 written down...I'll do the same when I find where 4 and 5 are  lol and ,  now to find where all the Sportsnet channels are too lol.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes I agree Rogers channels ARE or WERE listed by theme, but its not perfect and not efficient.

It's definitely broken and needs an overhaul immediately. This happens because networks often introduce new channels and Rogers can not properly place them next to one another in their desired lineup, so that's why you have some channels in the 400', some in the 500, and some have autohd which forces the HD feed on the lower channel number, but because of this some sd channels can not be tuned like TLN (telelatino) for example, and you still have the grandfathered 02-125 from the original analogue channel lineup, why are we still using that? . It's a huge mess, and they have made no effort to fix it. I really like Bell's channel numbering system and wish Rogers would do something soon. Bell has french in the 100's, network stations in the 200's, movies in the 300's, sports in the 400's, news in the 500's specialty channels in the 600, etc, international channels in the 700's etc. and add a 1 infront for the HD equivalent (if applicable). Yeah I know people probably don't want to type 4 digit channel numbers but when you start using it, its second nature you don't even realize, plus they have a popup for autohd which actually "changes" your channel to the HD equivalent, instead of Roger's approach by mapping the QAM frequency of the HD channel to the lower 2-125 number range which I think causes a lot of confusion.

I've Been Around

Why Rogers gives coverage for only one UEFA Chmpions Leauge semifinal /May 2nd, on channel 494/. What about the other semifinal?