TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

In the Woodstock area my Guide shows:

TSN1H on 494 (a green subscription channel)

TSN2H on 98, 407, 495, 507

TSN3H on 496 (a green subscription channel)

TSN4H on 30, 406, 497, 505

TSN5H on 498 (a green subscription channel)

I have Digital VIP, so I don't know if TSN 1, 3 and 5 are supposed to be included.Anyone else with VIP get those channels free?

I'm not interested in stick-and-ball sports and Rogers keeps stating after dropping Speed that there are TSN and Sportsnet channels that will show motorsports. I just hope there won't be any racing on the subscription Sportsnet channels that won't be on the regular ones or I'll be raising a big stink.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I don't know if where you live dictates what is included in Digital VIP or not. I'm in Ottawa and have the Digital VIP package but it does seem that I get TSN 1,2 ,and 5.

I used the search function and keyed in TSN3 clicked on it and it took me to that channel (496) which was working just fine. However, 496 doesn't show on my guide and if I try to go to it punching the numbers (496) on my remote I get taken to ch. 501 an SN channel. I haven't tried to find TSN4 yet.

For me TSN5 is the regular TSN channel that I have always been able to get and still do get on Ch. 30
I've Been Around

I'm in Fredericton, NB. I have a Digital Cable VIP package. I used to get the main TSN channel and TSN2. I now get TSN5 and TSN2, which is a downgrade in my opinion. The other feeds do not work. The channels for the other feeds appear in the guide but the screen is blank.

I contacted Roger's support twice. They don't seem to know what's going on. One agent indcated that I should have the new feeds and suggested waiting a week or calling TSN. The other agent I chatted with said I have to buy the Extra Sports package to get the other feeds. Frustrating.

TSN5 was showing US Open replays last night while the live matches were on TSN1, which I do not get!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately.. i think this a lack of training on the person you talked to...

As for WHAT is needed, for the the TSN channels.. i cant really tell you which package, not sure myself.

BUT..

A) Being in NB.. the extra sports pack, isnt available ANYWAYS.  They are a modified VIP package, but appears to be ONTARIO only.

B) Its not ONTOP of the exisiting fee, its just a different package (but, there is some other channels NOT in it compared to regular VIP)

I'm an Advisor

OLDYELLR:

I also have the Digital VIP package, plus I have TMN/HBO. The only other package I subscribe to is WWE PAK, but I doubt that has any effect on which TSN channels I get. I get TSN 1-5 HD on channels 494-498 and they showed up automatically. so I don't know why I have them all if you don't. Prior to adding the new channels, I got TSN 1 and 2, although there was a time when TSN 2 was not authorized in my package, but that changed somewhere along the way. I find it difficult to keep up with all the channel shifting and packages being changed.

I didn't bother checking to see where else I get these channels, though.

I'm a Senior Advisor

jimboden,

It's the odd-numbered TSN channels I can't get without a subscription. Perhaps you get them all because they're included one your other subscriptions, like WWE PAK. I just have Digital VIP Extra Pack. I'll wait untill the new TSN line-up is settled and all Rogers reps are familiar with it before calling why I don't get 1, 3 and 5.

Edit:  I see my box rebooted overnight and I now have all 5 TSN channels available.

I'm an Advisor

OLDYELLR:

Coincidentally, I just got my new monthly bill, so went in to have a look. My cable package is described as Digital VIP cable at $71.99 with an asterisk beside it. At the bottom of the bill, it says I have the VIP Extra Pack, whatever that means. Maybe that's why I'm getting the extra sports channels. When I look at the description of my cable package instead of the bill, it only says Digital VIP Cable.

I'm a Senior Advisor

jimboden,

My bill is exactly like yours. Also, when I just now turned the TV on, I saw it was on Channel 1, which means it had rebooted, and I also now have all 5 TSN channels available.  Smiley Happy  I'll be keeping my eyes open to see if these channels bring back what I lost with the demise of Speed.

I'm an Advisor

OLDYELLR:

Glad to hear you got the extra channels. It's interesting your box was rebooted, though. Mine wasn't and the only reason I knew about the extra TSN channels was because of this thread. Do you know if your box got the FAIL problem when it was rebooted or did it happen over night so you wouldn't have noticed?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Diagnostic screen page 1 says it rebooted this morning at 7:11:04 AM EDT. I didn't look at it until hours later, so I don't know if it went through any fail/reboot cycles. For all I know it could have been trying to reboot for a long time prior to 7:11 am.