TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

I understand that TSN lauched a ton of new channels starting today, however I was just wondering if the main TSN channel (that's usually on channel 26 here in Scarborough) has been changed to a different channel? Only because channel 26 isn't available for me on my basic cable anymore. I currently have basic cable with the digital adapter, so  I was wondering if TSN got removed completely from the basic cable package? Hope this makes sense.

***Edited labels***

I've Been Around

I saw & heard an add that TSN will be adding 3 more feeds bringing it to 5. First off will Rogers be carrying these and if so where will they fall?

I'm a Senior Advisor

TSN's websits says Rogers is a launch partner.

Rogers has not announced where on the dial they'll fall.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

I'm in downtown Toronto.  I used to get BNN HD on channel 495, but today it's TSN2.  Has BNN HD been permanently scrapped?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not Toronto, but I see BNNHD on 56 in HD, and yes, TSN2 on 495.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

BNN is on 57 in Toronto (maybe 56 in other places) but is NOT HD.  BNN HD was on 495.  Has it been changed to another channel, or scrapped?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: BNN HD

Well, it's obviously not scrapped, because I see it in HD on 56 in SW Ontario. I started to watch it on that channel before I had HD. What does your Guide say for 57?  Is it BNNHD or just BNN? For me, 56 says BNNHD and it is HD.

With Rogers HD boxes, most Canadian channels show as HD on the lower channel numbers if they broadcast a HD signal, without having to tune to the actual 4xx or 5xx HD channel. Do you only see it in SD on 57? If so, I'd call Rogers.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, Oldyellr.  My Guide says 57 is BNNHD so I suppose it is.  I remember starting to watch BNN on 495 rather than 57 about a year ago because the quality was distinctly better.  By the way, the Channel Guide on this Rogers website still says 495 is BNNHD, so I guess it has not been updated.

I've Been Around

It looks like Rogers put the 'regional' TSN channel in your area in the spot where the 'main' TSN used to be.

For example, on Ottawa, channel 30 is now TSN5....the channel where Ottawa Senators games will be shown.

I've Been Here Awhile

My wife is watching TSN4 on her HD PVR on one tv and I am watching TSN1 on another, and we are both set to channel 406.

So we started comparing the Guide, and discovered that many higher channels are completely different.

We are split off the same feed. his has only happened recently. Any ideas as to why?