TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

I've looked at the lineup for all 5 channels, and with the exception of TSN2, the other 4 all have the same programming 90% of the time. Why expand to 5 channels when you don't have enough varied content to support that many channels?

I'm a Senior Advisor

The purpose of the TSN split was NOT to have 5 completely different channles 24 hrs a day.

For 5 channel split is basically there to support TSN's regional hockey rights.  While showing major sports events with multiple games at the same time (such as the recently completed US Open, US College football, EPL and Curling), they have the ability to use all 5 feeds for completely different events, but for the most part, TSN 1,3,4, and 5 are the 'regional' networks and will only differ from each other when there's a regionally blacked out hockey game.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I too find all the apparently duplicated sports channels disappointing. For one, they concentrate almost entirely on the stick-and-ball sports. This is sad after Rogers promised to replace Speed with motorsports coverage on other new channels.

I've been trying to follow La Vuelta a Espana (one of the classic 3-week bicycle races) on the Sportsnet channels and it's difficult. Every few days the channels and times change. Why does it have to be so difficult?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Stick & Ball = ratings.  Ratings = advertising.  Advertising= profit.

Its a simple equasion.  If wheel sports brought in cash in North America, there'd still be a north american wheel sports channel.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Sad but true. Smiley Embarassed

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

In our area there are 1000 channels listed ( we don't get them all with our package) so I took on the tiresome task of highlighting the ones we are supposed to get and found that many had as many as 3 other #s.  I made up a list in channel # order and indicated the other #'s for each channell.  I didn't bother with the audio one tho--too time consuming.  We now have a much shorter list--3 columns on one page and if a channell cannot be accessed on one # then we try another.  We too have found that some channels have only a black screen--with info-- but it you go to another # it comes in ok.

I've Been Around

This is stupid

We have the biggest tennis turnament going on and none of the sports channels are broadcasting it.Just boring Jays game on 5 of the TSN channels

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Are you sure you were not looking at the SportsNet channels. They were all showing the Jays games.  As far as I know TSN does not show Jays games.  I was watching the Jays but I think tennis was scheduled on TSN2.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@cncsolutions wrote:

This is stupid

We have the biggest tennis turnament going on and none of the sports channels are broadcasting it.Just boring Jays game on 5 of the TSN channels

If people are going to complain, then those complaints should at least be based in facts.

TSN doesn't show Jays games....they don't have the rights ro them.  SPORTSNET shows all 162 Jays games, as Rogers owns both the team and the network.

TSN has full rights to the US Open and has very extensive coverage of said tournament across all 5 of their feeds.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:

@cncsolutions wrote:

This is stupid

If people are going to complain, then those complaints should at least be based in facts.

TSN doesn't show Jays games....they don't have the rights ro them.  SPORTSNET shows all 162 Jays games, as Rogers owns both the team and the network.

TSN has full rights to the US Open and has very extensive coverage of said tournament across all 5 of their feeds.

I agree with Lurker.  The Blue Jays were aired on Sportsnet channels, TSN was airing the USOpen on its channels  I did not watch it but I did see it listed on the guide.