TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Related Questions

Okay, here's everything I know about the TSN's.

1. A reboot MAY be required to get all five.  On Monday, I only received two channels...a reboot got all five active.

2. Why they did this, I'll never know, but TSN2 is the 'national' feed, with 1, 3,4, and 5 the regional feeds (aka the regional NHL team channels)).

3.  At 26, or 30, depending on your location, you'll get your 'regional' channel, so you don't miss the hockey games, I guess.  At 507and 8, you'll get TSN2 and your regional channel.  All 5 are available at 494- 498.

4. The 'lost' channels - CTV News, BNN, and Animal Planet are in HD at their traditional locations (for example, in ottawa, CTVN is on HD on chan 17.  It appears, however, Discovery Science HD has disappeared and is only in SD at 247.

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't care for where the TSN channels have ended up. I want to know where SCI was pushed to.  It was 498 here in Ajax Ontario, and has been bumped by TSN.  I want my SCI back!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, since its a TSN channel thread, its odd that you'd post in a thread about them when you don't  care about them, but anyway....

I agree....Discovery Science HD needs to be put back somewhere.  Unfortunately, nobody here knows anything about that.  You'd have to reach out to the official Roges channels, like facebook, twitter, live agent or the phone.

You can still get Disc Sci in SD on 246 or 247 (as I posted in my reply above),  but I agree, its a poor substitute.

I've Been Here Awhile

Where are the rest of the TSN stations? I currently receive TSN 2 and 4 on ch 225HD and 226 HD.  I was on Shaw cable previously.  None of the rogers channels from there online guide match my on screen display.

I'm a Senior Advisor

It would help to know where you are located. I see some cartoon stuff on 225 and 226.

In the Woodstock area my Guide shows:

TSN1H on 494

TSN2H on 98, 407, 495, 507

TSN3H on 496

TSN4H on 30, 406, 497, 505

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

For some who are having trouble finding the new TSN channels I discovered something today.

I was missing a couple of them then it dawned on me that I had made use of the "Hide Unsubscribed Channels" feature. I went into the settings and channel line-up then manually scroll through all the channels and un-hid the TSN channels that I was missing. All is good now. All the TSN channels are listed in the guide.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I guess that is one thing now, to remember in general.

LIKELY, the feature will go through your list, AT THE TIME you run it.. and hide unsubscribed.  But it builds the list, off of the channel #s, etc.
It probably DOESNT update with changes.

So any time channels are added/removed, best to re-do the hide procedures.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry. I am from Hamilton mountain. The old Mountaincable
I'm a Senior Advisor

Isn't Hamilton where it's transitioning from Shaw to Rogers with some problems still? You should probably ask Rogers where those channels are.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've read elsewhere that Rogers Hamilton does not yet have the full Tsn lineup, but they're expected to arrive "soon".