TMN on Demand - Pause does not work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

TMN on Demand - Pause does not work

I have noticed for awhile now that when I try to pause a tv show on demand, it does not pause but restarts the show.  Is this a problem with Rogers or my Nextbox?

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted

Re: TMN on Demand - Pause does not work

Hello, @macdonally

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I was not able to duplicate the same symptom on a Nextbox 3. I've tried some shows randomly and pause works.

Is it happening on all the videos or a particular show? Have you tried to reboot the box yet?

@Community - anybody else noticed the same issue?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you press pause, the ROD/TMN-OD programme will pause playback, however, I believe it has been reported that after 2 minutes the programme  will revert to the main ROD/TMN-OD screen and you will need to find/restart the programme.  (I can't remember if it restarts at the beginning, or at the place you paused it). There may even be an option to view "saved videos".  I don't use ROD/TMN-OD much.

The "solution" is to hit "stop" instead of pause.  The programme will (automatically) begin playing again after 2 minutes, however, you'll be able to rewind to where you "stopped" if you are away from the TV for more than 2 minutes, which is better than what happens with "pause".  You can "stop" the programme again if you need another 2 minutes.

This is done because of the limited server resources to provide OD.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It does this on all tv shoes and movies.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It does not even pause for a second - it automatically starts the program from the beginning.  There is no pause time.  I have been now using stop as a work around but the pause should work

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you rebooted the box? (Settings, scroll up to Troubleshooting, reboot)  (or unplug the box for 10 seconds if it's not recording at the time)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I will try the reboot.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue here and have a new box. It has to be a programming issue that hasn't been resolved.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It must be a programming issue.  I have tried rebooting the box and it does not help at all.  Pause does not work.  Workaround is to hit stop, do what you have to do and then go back to the show list, pick your show, and there will be an option to resume play or restart, hit resume.

It is a shame.  For all the money I pay Rogers for my TV programming and internet you think something like this should be working.  Also a shame about removing Shomi.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue. On both my receivers. If I use stop then go back to it it still reverts to the beginning.  And I have new boxes as well.  So frustrating considering we pay so much money.