TMN air dates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

TMN air dates

This may have been asked and is likely best answered by a Rogers or TMN representative ( I have also contacted them). Given that most feature films appear within a year or so, if not sooner, why is The Avengers:Age of Ultron

still not available after  one and a half years, except as a PPV?

What does this mean re: future Marvel and DC

blockbusters? Are  future films (Batman V Superman, for example) going to be unavailable to subscribers except as PPV?

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: TMN air dates

Hello, @alwaysasking75

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your query. 

The “windowing” around movies does go through phases/cycles… Theatrical, Hotel/Airline, DVD/BlueRay/Pay Per Use – VOD and Pay Per View, and then Pay TV (ie TMN) before getting onto Specialty and Broadcast TV channels/networks.

Avengers movies are from Marvel Studios which is part of Disney now. This title would be on Netflix as they now have an exclusive deal with Disney for the Pay TV window (for the next several years).

There are other variables involved and the TMN is best equipped to respond to their line-up availability and schedule.

Thank you for understanding. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm an Advisor

Hello @alwaysasking75,

RogersMoin hit the nail on the head - Netflix has an exclusivity deal with Disney, which is why we don't see the movie on TMN (it is on Netflix, just found it via their app).

TIP: If you currently receive Shomi from Rogers, you may be entitled to 6-months of free service from Netflix.  Call 1-888-ROGERS-1, send a PM to @CommunityHelps, or send @RogersHelps a tweet.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Thankyou.  By the end of November Rogers will apparently replace 6 months of Shomi  with Netflix to current Ignite subscribers. I gather the rest of the subscribers will also be offered something in that respect. Hopefully this moves smoothly, and we will be able to access Netflix from the cable box before Christmas.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@alwaysasking75 wrote:

Thankyou.  By the end of November Rogers will apparently replace 6 months of Shomi  with Netflix to current Ignite subscribers. I gather the rest of the subscribers will also be offered something in that respect. Hopefully this moves smoothly, and we will be able to access Netflix from the cable box before Christmas.

Don't hold your breath on that last point.  Rogers won't be offering Netflix on the set top box with this transition.

While the current boxes are capable of it, don't expect to see apps on the STB until the launch of IPTV...whenever that may be.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Lurker,

I don't think anyone implied that Netflix would be available via the cable box. It will be offered as a Netflix standard account for 6 months, which you can view on your computer, smart TV, phone or tablet. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp

"and we will be able to access Netflix from the cable box before Christmas."

I'm not sure how else you'd interpret that statement...
I'm an Advisor

My bad - totally skipped over that last line. 

Then I agree with you, don't think we are going to see that this year.  Might have to wait for the next-generation IPTV boxes.