Switching Inputs on Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Switching Inputs on Nextbox 3.0

I found the ARC sketchy on my onkyo receiver, even before the NB3.. i switched over to using an toslink optical and have had much better luck.

But i agree.. its something that should have been cought.. or at least an attempt to a fix, by now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spent 5 hours setting up my brand new TV to my receiver enabling ARC so I could watch Netflix with audio through the stereo system.

Thought I had a defective TV, and at 2:00 a.m. I had a crazy thought to disconnect the Netbox 3.0.

I couldn't believe it was this stupid box affecting the ARC which of course now worked. That is until I tried again today and same problem.

Only positive note my TV looks great and hopefully Cisco will fix this SOON.

Just glad I found this THREAD. :^)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@falkirk1963 wrote:
I bought this $20 adapter and my system now works as it should. http://www.lindy-usa.com/hdmi-cec-less-adapter-female-41232.html

How much was shipping to Canada?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Gdkitty,

You nailed the my issue about the IR Spray. Disabling 'automatically adjust brightness' and my nb3 hasn't crashed since the new year. Quality of life has increased as my wife isn't complaining about this now.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good to hear pburden 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Its going to cost you another $20 for the shipping to Canada.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@SavvyChimp wrote:

Its going to cost you another $20 for the shipping to Canada.

OUCH that's ridiculous to ship a tiny piece of plastic. Guess I will try to get Rogers to supply a fix or reimburse me for the necessary part.

Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

many have been asking for the fix.. and nothing yet.. while we may get one. it wont be quick.

You can TRY to get them to give you a discount for the trouble.. talk to retentions.

(only other options is turning off CEC on the TV/AVR, but would make it so no other device would work with it)

These are the only other guys i have seen with a CEC less thing

https://www.pulse-eight.com/store/checkoutshippingaddress.aspx

Cable.. though its only 25cm long.. so would need to use a HDMI extention cable with it likely.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If we can find the codes to get into the service menu we could probably disable the cec function.

Another option is to Disable the Pin 13 cec function by carefully cutting the pin 13 wire in the cable. This option should work but best to try on an inexpensive cable first.

It's a shame that we can't find the cec free adapters locally as the shipping costs makes it to expensive an option