Switching Inputs on Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Switching Inputs on Nextbox 3.0

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

UPDATE UPDATE

I cut open the HDMI cable using an exacto knife, and I carefully cut the GREEN wire which I found to be the CEC connection by looking on the internet at a connection guide,  http://www.hdmi.org/installers/insidehdmicable.aspx

The ARC function now works perfectly.

Seems like the least expensive option if you are handy, at least until the Box gets a firmware update to fix this issue Hopefully.

I Plan to Stick Around

lavalamps wrote:

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

UPDATE UPDATE

I cut open the HDMI cable using an exacto knife, and I carefully cut the GREEN wire which I found to be the CEC connection by looking on the internet at a connection guide,  http://www.hdmi.org/installers/insidehdmicable.aspx

The ARC function now works perfectly.

Seems like the least expensive option if you are handy, at least until the Box gets a firmware update to fix this issue Hopefully.

I would like to send a BIG THANK YOU, to lavalamps for this. I did mine a little different tho that would be a cheaper option. purchase a HDMI adapter male to female, my luck had one around the house. I used the link to show me what pin to push out of the adapter using a small blade from the wifes scrap book tools and I was able to push the pin side to side without damaging the other pins and it broke off free. Then installed off my the 9865, plugged in the hdmi and BAM works awesome. Can not say thanks enough about this find. 
ARC works great again just like it should. 
Hope this helps more people

I Plan to Stick Around

here we are in 2017, I am having exactly the same problem!  great job rogers!

I'm gonna have to try one the methods mentioned above as disabling CEC did nothing for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nigelncwong:

The CEC issue was fixed long ago. That's why there are no recent posts in this thread.  I suspect there may be an issue with the 9865 (NB3). Perhaps do a reboot?  Or the HDMI cable is not connected well at both ends causing the error?  Or the TV is somehow the problem - do you have the latest firmware on your TV?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have done many reboots. The model number says cav10455hd.

It is the 4k box

I have tried a few different cables.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nigelncwong:

You posted in the NB3 thread!  The answer for a 4K box is totally different.  I suggest you read the various threads on the 4K box since there is extensive discussion regarding handshake issues, especially for certain  model TVs and especially for people attempting to send the HDMI signal "through" an AVR. 

If you're attempting to go through an AVR, I suggest a direct connection to the TV and separate digital audio connection to the AVR.  If you have one of the affected Samsung TVs, check out the various solutions in the Samsung thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.  

My symptoms are exactly as described as the OP of this thread.

I have read the 2 threads you mentioned but there is nothing that can help me.

I am already directly connecting my TV to the 4k nextbox.

each time i switch input, coming back to the input with the nextbox connected i get no signal.  I have disabled CEC on my TV already.