Switching Inputs on Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Switching Inputs on Nextbox 3.0

Any update to when this CEC issue will be fixed,  I have to systems one Sony and one Yamaha and the nextbox3 is not recognized in either system.  Very frustrating

I Plan to Stick Around

I have gone through 3 new Netbox 3.0 since it was launched.  My issues are with the switching.  My older Netbox 2 worked beautiful with my surround system, automatically switching between, newtbox, Xbox  and Smart TV functions.  The new box keeps disabeling the surround and forcing the TVs internal speakers and will not allow any sound for the Smart TV functions, Netflix, youtube etc.  I put back on my older box, works beautful, and seemless.  I gave up trying and moved the new box to a bedroom were I dont have a surround system.  My college went out today and to return his older Netbox 2 as it was failing and was told they no longer supply the older models so Rogers upgraded him to the Nextbox 3.0. Needless to say he has the exact same issues as I do and now he is stuck.  The fourms say their is a firmware issue with the CEC switching,  When you talk to the stores they no nothing of this as a problem and blame teh surrund system.  Mine is a 6 month old Sony,  and my friends is a Toshiba under a year old.  Does Rogers plan to address the issues as they have been going on for months now.  My system is set-up with the Netbox 3.0 HDMI  going into my amp, then my amp HDMI out to the TV the same as my collegues, and the same as it was for Nextbox 2.  My amp will not even reconize the Terminal as a device. 

Help Please...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The people in the stores.. normally know LESS than the technicians/etc... which they are usually LESS than us users on the forums..  😞

Unfortunatly, they dont have a roadmap, etc for anything for these boxes.. so we dont usually find out, until it is fixed.

The only way really to get things working.. is to turn off CEC on the receiver (or TV if tv only setup).. and switch inputs manually 😞

I've Been Around

I just got the Netbox 3.0 and realized I have same issue as most people who has it connected through a home theater. With my old Netbox 2.0, I'm able to control volume and turn in/off of my home theater, but as soon as I connect the new set-top box it all goes crazy. My TV loses HDMI-CEC sync with audio system. Contacted Rogers Support and asked them to open a ticket to the manufacturer to confirm whether it's a SW issue or  non-standard-compliant interface.

It upsets me the fact that Rogers support pretends not to know anything about it and keeps trying to divert the attention arguing they do not resolve 3rd party equipment problems. Seriously? I've read posts from 5 months ago and they insist on denying it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. while they still deny that there is issues...

The HDMI CEC doesnt work on the box, and can cause problems if its left on, on the AVR or TV 😞

if you program the remote, for the AVR.. could at least hit the button and then control the sound that way.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just order this HDMI dongle and it solve the issue.

http://www.lindy-usa.com/hdmi-cec-less-adapter-female-41232.html

Danny

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same with me, I had to put the older PVR back on for the switching to work.  Rogers suggested I run am additional audio cable from the back of the tv to my amp,  easier said than done as my wires were fed during cinstriction and the walls are sealed and no room to pull new.  Its been months since they introduced the Mextbox 3,  and everybody is having the same issues trying to watch Netflix/youtube  from the TV. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I might drop $20 on this HDMI dongle... but what I don't understand is why my nb3 still has symptoms of this CEC issue after I switched my tv to component cable. I don't think there is a CEC signal over component cable.

Rogers knows the issue, I asked them for support on twitter months ago and they asked if I had CEC. After trying a lot of things to tie it off or work around it still Can't Change channels when my tv is powered on several times a weeks unless I reset. They say they are aware of the issue but do not know when the problem will be fixed.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pburden, perhaps you can explain your issue
In a little more detail about what is not working/happening.
When it is happening, etc.
I am wondering if this is another issue, that there is a solution so to speak for it.

I've Been Around

I noticed this post during research on a similar kind of problem I had after installing NextBox 3.0 on a Samsung Smart TV location - I couldn't get a wireless network connection on that particular device even though my wireless network worked fine on all my other devices (laptop, iPad, etc.)  - including another Smart TV at another location in my home.  I have a Rogers modem and an Apple Airport router. 

At first Rogers suggested I replace the NextBox which I did (as they suggested it might be a faulty device).  That did not work.  I had the same problem with the replacement NextBox.   After talking to a number of technical support people at Rogers Tech Support a lady I spoke with there (after my fouth or fifth call) suggested I change the user name and password on my network and sign on anew at that location.  The additional nusiance was that I had to reset my connection on all my other devices.

However, that worked!   The Nextbox 3.0 switching (TV to SmartHub connection) now works fine on this device.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats