Swap out Nextbox 2 for Nextbox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Swap out Nextbox 2 for Nextbox 3

Just swapped out Nextbox 2 for a Nextbox 3. Installed Nextbox 3 (9865) same hook up as NextBox 2.. I have sound but no video. Been on the phone with Tec assistance  rebooted ETC. ETC. Service call by Rogers to happen Tuesday. Any suggestions ... I hook up my TV via RGB (No DMI on TV) Roku and Play DVD work fine. Swapped out for a second 9865 same problem.

Second issue if I purchase DMI to RGB cable--- DMI from PVR to RGB on TV will that work? or do I need a converter

Thanks

Genec

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Swap out Nextbox 2 for Nextbox 3

You are using the component video? The y, pb and pr on the back of the unit? And they are I to the same matching ones on the tv?

Just as another test, could connect to via the composite single yellow one, into a composite input on the tv, and see if you get anything.

The default setting may be too high on the box (1080p) etc and your tv might not support it. Connecting via the single video should allow a picture and allow the settings to be changed to a lower one.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thankyou for your help. As a result of your help I am now up and running. (I changed both settings to 1081)Any Comment on my second question pertaining to HDMI & RGB?

Thanks Again

Genec

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wouldn't bother as it's down stepping the signal, to what your running now anyways.