Super Sports Pak No HD games again. Why?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Super Sports Pak No HD games again. Why?

Why is it every single weekend no College sports are shown in HD. Yet another Saturday 15 empty HD channels and all the College Basketball games are in SD. And the 2 Football Bowl games are too. It's 2017. Who even has SD? My grandparents? Are you kiding me you're showing games in SD in 2017 like it's 1998. Pay $35 for only NHL in HD. What a joke. Time to go back to streaming illegally stuff. Enough wasting money on this. 

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Super Sports Pak No HD games again. Why?

I am not sure about college sports but for university sports, depending on your location, your community Rogers TV channel broadcasts U Sports games in HD.  U Sports games are also available online through http://sportscanada.tv/usports/ and can be streamed on your smart television.  $25 for three months.  I have not watched college or university sports on television for quite a while but I think Sportsnet and TSN broadcast games from time to time.  I myself am a fan of University of Toronto and catch games in person when I get the chance.  Go Blues!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@536 wrote:

I am not sure about college sports but for university sports, depending on your location, your community Rogers TV channel broadcasts U Sports games in HD.  U Sports games are also available online through http://sportscanada.tv/usports/ and can be streamed on your smart television.  $25 for three months.  I have not watched college or university sports on television for quite a while but I think Sportsnet and TSN broadcast games from time to time.  I myself am a fan of University of Toronto and catch games in person when I get the chance.  Go Blues!

The original poster is talking about NCAA college football available with the Super Sports Pak.

Rogers will give the line that they can only broadcast HD games if an HD feed is available.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, okay.  Here and there when I watch university or college sports, it is Canadian and not foreign.  I wouldn't be able to answer USA university or college sports questions but I would suspect that the reason that they don't broadcast is because there just is not that great of interest in this here.  Maybe NCAA has some sort of package that you can watch online like U Sports, although I wouldn't know if it would be in HD.  I am curious now, how much of CHL and U Sports games get broadcast south of the border?