Super Sports Pack / Centre Ice / GameCenter Live

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Super Sports Pack / Centre Ice / GameCenter Live

Folks,

I know it's been a while since I gave an update.

I still haven't subscribed to Super Sports Pack as this issue still isn't resolved.  I have spoken on the phone to RogersMichaelIT, who is a really nice guy and gave me the email address to escalate to 2 weeks ago.  No answer from that email address despite the 3 emails I sent asking to speak to a Manager about this.

Called today to cancel all my services as the lack of  communication with the exception of RocgersMichaelIT has been brutal.  Spoke with a Manager named Irene who couldn't have been nicer.  She took the time to understand the frustration, and I didn't feel like I was being humored by listening to me.  Irene mentioned that she is escalating this to a VP as the rules that Rogers has created are questionable at best, particularly since so many of us are on this thread, and Bell offers a similar promotion for access to GameCenter Live.

I encourage you all to stay tuned as there should be some news later this weekend or early next week.    Either:

1) "Like" this thread

2) Continue to write responses

3) For those who have gone to Bell, please speak up about your experience too

This process has been agonizingly slow and we've missed a good month of hockey because of it.  But there *are* good people who work at Rogers who care about customers.  Thank you to RogersMichael IT in the forums and another special thanks to Irene.

Let's hope Rogers answers what really is a silly policy.

Cheers everyone!

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, here we are a week after I spoke with an operator who told me I would hear from her by today.

What do you guys think?  Are we going to hear from the VP today???

I'm Here A Lot

This is pathetic. Sadly to say, I actually work for Rogers Customer Service.

I love my company, but some of the policy changes, lack of information, etc: I can see is clearly getting to our customers. I worry about my job long-term with this kind of stuff, am 25, and see new customers come in the door everyday, but some of our real high revenue customers are walking away after decades of tenure w the company over stupid things like this, for example.

I subscribed to the Super Sports Pack last year. Never got any code, didnt even know it was an option. Of course, the agent who added the service for me failed to explain that, as well as the term attached, but was quick to add it onto my account.

I never cancelled during the summer. Kept this on for next to no reason (could care less about the Jays, yet alone out of market MLB games) and paid Rogers the money for this.

So basically I have subscribed last year, but because Rogers didnt give me a code for what I paid for, this means I am now UNABLE to get the code for this because I dont meet eligibity? Pathetic. I work in Wireless and wish I had more info on this, but all we have is an outdated email address already posted earlier in this thread.

To the person who wrote and has been updating this thread, kudos to you. This would be fantastic for me to have, could watch the games via my iPad2 and new Android device via Gamecenter while Im on the road.

Regardless of whether I am an employee of Rogers, I am in complete disagreement with this and am considering removing this package, along with others, from my account because its basically just pathetic. I cant think of any other way to describe it. How do I not meet some stupid requirements, but have paid full price the whole time over the years, is beyond ridiculous. If someone finds a work around or has an escalation to share in RE: to this (As I know not everyone cares about this, but clearly there is some diehard NHL fans who share the same concern which is great) ... please share it with me as I can really use this. If I had more trust someone would know what Im talking about, id gladly call in myself, but know probably the first 4 people I talk to wont know what NHL gamecenter is, yet alone some promo code to work online.

Cheers to the poster, please continue to share your updates as I have been following you along the way. If Rogers wants to lose $32+tax revenue per month from all there NHL customers because of something Bell gives you gladly, then we clearly only have ourselves to blame, no excuses.

I Plan to Stick Around

ChelseaBoy - amazing post.  Thanks for your candor, especially being a Rogers employee.  We all know terrible customer service when we see it. 

Yeah - I really thought I had someone I could count on in Irene...and maybe I still do.  I haven't followed up via phone, but after our conversation last week, it was clear that I wouldn't have to follow-up and that an answer was forthcoming.

According to Irene, this entire thread was put on an internal Rogers board where it was sent to the VP and "she" (don't know her name) was to get back to me with a response on this past weekend.

To Rogers employees, please update this thread with the discussion around this topic on your internal boards.  I'm not the most "liked" poster here by accident.  There are lots of us in this same boat, and we aren't staying silent.

Here are the services I currently subscribe to:

Rogers mobile - $120/mo (2 cell phones)

Rogers cable - $80/mo

Rogers internet - $40/mo

(this does not include the $64 for the last two months of Center Ice which I still am not subscribed to while awaiting the outcome of this mess)

Willing to walk away from all of this if I don't have a resolution in the coming days.  Also, not as a threat, but I believe the media would be interested in this type of story, and more to the point, Rogers inaction in the face of questions by their customers.

Rogers, call me.  Let's figure this out.

ps. @RogersMichaelIT, can you believe we're still here? 

pps. You don't have to answer that - I know that you can't speak freely...

I Plan to Stick Around

Folks,

I have heard back from Rogers...

@RogersGina just wrote to me:

"Congratulations, bbtfastback!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Frequent Advisor.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The Rogers Team"

At least the Rogers bots are talking to us! Smiley Wink

I'm Here A Lot

Keep plugging away my friend...

So you were supposed to have a callback/follow up, and still haven't recieved it?

I Plan to Stick Around

that's correct...a Manager that I spoke to on the phone named Irene said someone would get back to me this weekend, or by Monday.

Still waiting to hear.  Will try calling them tomorrow, but don't have time to spend at least 30-40 minutes on hold, waiting to escalate, etc...

I'm Here A Lot

and PS.... dont you find it funny how Rogers marketing campaign is TV Anywhere, Anytime, On Demand.

And we a PREMIUM, not just a small one..... but a $32 per month Premium.

The best part, is this used to be $29.99, and Rogers has found a way (during an NBA lockout) to raise costs to the customers, with one less major sport, and also restrcict GameCenter access.

Whoever came up with these restrictions should be answering the questions on this forum. I feel bad for some of our employees, who have to try and position this kind of stuff to our customers. Although some people may buy the answer, alot of people, such as this poster, and other online bloggers, are clearly not buying these excuses and are calling Rogers bluffs. And I respect you people. You pay good money and have every right to complain. Things like this forum are the only hope of getting action taken, so continue the good work.

... I can understand that if it was an "NHL-imposed restriction" but hearing that Bell does not restrict this, then we know it is not coming from the National Hockey League.

The big question is why. WHY.

I Plan to Stick Around

"WHY" indeed...stay tuned...
I'm Here A Lot

Seems like we aren't alone folks....

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=146448

I managed to find another Thread - from Rogers customers - experiencing the same issues as we are.

Seems like a few of them tried emailing nhlgcl@rci.rogers.com

Quite a few of them recieved e-mails back, and it works.

Have seen a few people awaiting response, but perhaps this e-mail is worth a shot, not much to lose other than 10 seconds of your life really, which we all find ways to waste time these days online anyway haha.

I have sent an email, expectations of a response are low, but as mentioned above, is worth a shot. Especially hearing that some people did in fact recieve their code via that method.

Take a minute to review the other forum, and the comments from other Rogers Center Ice/Super Sports Pack subscribers on their experiences receiving the GCL codes...