Super Sports Pack / Centre Ice / GameCenter Live

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Super Sports Pack / Centre Ice / GameCenter Live

Fail ROGERS!!!

I've Been Around

I was going to subscribe to the Super Sports Pak for the first time because I heard that subs also received an NHL GameCenter code.  Needless to say, with this new development, I'm not going to bother to sign up.  If this policy reverts back to what it was, I will then add the Pak, but only then.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just to keep everyone in the loop - no word from Rogers yet on my post:

=====================

@RogersMichaelT,

This is insane!  I asked the question about whether the code was available to DECIDE whether or not to go with Center Ice / Suport Sports pack this year.  I was out of the country last year and didn't subscribe, but subscribed for 2 years prior to that.

My email address has been sent to you and I'd like you to publically advise why I can't get a code?  Based on what rationality were these rules developed??? 

"The guidelines to be eligible to receive the code are as follows:

-    Must have subscribed to Super Sports Pak last year
-    Must have activated your NHLGCL access code that you received last year
-    Must be a current Super Sports Pak / NHL Centre Ice subscriber

What happens next year if for some reason we decide to stay with Rogers.

Please advise.  Extremely disappointed in this and don't quite understand why Rogers is penalizing customers like this after waiting for so long for an answer.

I Plan to Stick Around

...and here was the response I received (even though I asked for a public response):

"I understand your frustration, but these are the rules they have put in place this year - there's nothing I can do to change them.

Are you able to provide me with your Rogers account number so I can check to see if you're eligible?  Can't hurt to try, right?

Apologies,

@RogersMichaelT"

Hey

Hey @RogersMichaelT, you may want to take a look at this:

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpTv_TV_online.page

...and go down to NHL Center Ice...read what it says:

"NHL GameCenter Live – Access live games free with your NHL® Centre IceTM subscription1."

FOLKS, BELL OFFERS GCL FOR FREE...CONFIRMED...

The EXACT same product that Rogers offers and Rogers is not offering it anymore while their competitors do!!

@RogersMichaelT, we know you don't make the decisions, but you have to admit something isn;t fair to the customer when your customers want a solution that your competitors offer and you don't....

I've Been Here Awhile

I am a subrsriber off and on for the past 5 years, mainly on. If they don't send me the code by month end, they can kiss my SSP subscription goodbye. Maybe cable too (read below).

I am usually a very strong Rogers supporter, but they fail at this one.

Sad, as I have over $400 per month with them, with 3 cell phones, cable, internet and home phone.

Guess it's time to start shopping around, other companies offer better deals (Bell and Centre Ice for one).

I Plan to Stick Around

No word from Rogers yet on my request.  It's been about a month that I've been contemplating this and still haven't been able to purchase the Super Sports Pack, which this year above all else should *need* more value since the NBA is not in action.  $32 for all of those services minus basketball would (i think) want Rogers to sweeten the pot, especially this year.

Rogers, please reconsider my plea to include GCL like Bell does to Center Ice and the Super Sports Pack.

C'mon Rogers, as a 15 year subscriber, I have faith in you guys!!!

I've Been Around

So if you subscribed to NHL Centre Ice last year but not the Super Sports Pak you are not eligible? I meet guidelines 2 and 3 but I am a little fuzzy on the first one.
I Plan to Stick Around

I posted this topic a month ago.  Never heard back from Rogers until a couple of weeks back.  They made an incorrect decision IMO last week.  ...and am now waiting to hear back about the status for over a week.

Bell has no restrictions in giving the code for those subscribers, BTW.

I've missed 3 weeks of games so far because of this mess.

I've Been Here Awhile

"The guidelines to be eligible to receive the code are as follows:

-    Must have subscribed to Super Sports Pak last year
-    Must have activated your NHLGCL access code that you received last year
-    Must be a current Super Sports Pak / NHL Centre Ice subscriber

Apparently, my problem is that I meet requirements 1 & 3, but not 2.  I was an SSP subscriber last year, and was through the offseason for the other sports, and still am for this hockey season.  I didn't know last year that GameCentre was available to SSP subscribers, so I didn't get a code and activate it last year.   That doesn't really seem fair.  They took my money just the same.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hear ya...and the wait continues for me also...

and I'm the original poster!  lol....

maybe they don't want to talk to me as I started this mess!!!

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats