Sunset Channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Sunset Channel

What happened to sunset channel?  I was flipping through channels and noticed it gone.

***EDITED LABELS***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sunset Channel

In my area it move to channel 299 and now auto-HD. wish the other 2 would auto-HD too. I don't understand that there are still many channels that don't auto-HD yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

There it is thanks x2.  Did not know there was such a thing as auto-hd.

I Plan to Stick Around

If you have Auto-HD option on (I think it's on by default on Nextbox), when you tune to a digit that would normally be SD (on non-HD boxes or auto-HD off), Auto-HD would automatically switch to the HD feed.

Ex: Sunset Channel on 299 is SD on non-HD boxes or when auto-HD is off, But the same digit (299) is HD if you have auto-HD on.

Unfortunately not all channel auto-HD even if those channel have a HD feed, I hope Rogers will fix that in the future.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The old SARA system (SA8300HD) has what amounts to auto-hd on the lower 100 or so channels. All those channels come is as HD for me if they exist as HD in the 500 range.  This was a boon back when customers were switching to Digital HD because we didn't have to learn a whole lot of new channel numbers, just tune to the old familiar channel.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if there is a difference between NB and ON in Auto-HD. But here in the north-east, NB area, not all channel in 1-99 and lower 100 are auto-HD.

Ex: These channel don't auto-HD

ch 5: TVA, HD: 611

ch 6: Global Maritime, HD: 517

ch 12: CTV Atlantic, HD: 518

ch 13: Radio Canada Moncton, HD: 602

ch 15: V (CFTF), HD: 606

These are only some examples, there are many more...

I'm a Senior Advisor

As I recall, with the old SARA system (SA8300HD) the lower 100? channels are auto-HD, but when RTN and then NAVIGATR was introduced, you had to go to the 500's to get HD because those lower channels only showed as SD. In fact on the Atlas remote the HD button takes you to Ch 501.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Got a follow up question but I think the other posts partly answered my question.  What kind of box do I need to get this auto-HD to work?  Got an older HD box and it is still SD for me.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@myusername100 : I believe that any of the HD boxes have Auto-HD, however, it doesn't work on all channels. It was mainly designed to assist people years ago who were used to the old analogue lineup and tuned to say channel 8, but didn't get HD on that channel and didn't know enough to go to channel 518.

I Plan to Stick Around

I did move to 299 but you can also see it on 987, 986, 985 all hd Atlantic Region