Subscribed Channel Menus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickwl2000
I Plan to Stick Around

Subscribed Channel Menus

Why is Rogers so lazy about updating the Subscribed Channels" listing on the IPG?  They mess with the channels available as they try to lure us minimum cable package users with junk. Then they take stuff away without notice but DON"T UPDATE THE LISTING!!! Rogers continues to annoy us with this poor customer appreciation.  It's bad enough that the listings don't always have NEW flag so the PVR will capture it.

***Edited Labels***

RogersCorey

Re: Subscribed Channel Menus

Hello @rickwl2000!

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with these changes.

Upcoming changes to your channel lineup should appear in your bill before the change occurs. I recommend regularly checking your bills just in case there is a change that you want to dispute with us before the change is put in place.

Regards,

RogersCorey

rickwl2000
I Plan to Stick Around

That's not an answer since I don't get paper bills, haven't in years. There has not been any indication online about changes and the are done arbitrarily with no notice. We lose access to channels that the day before were fine. Rogers dropped both Canadian 24 hour news channels overnight 2 days ago without a word. At this time of pandemic I find that to be a poor decision on Rogers part since the frequent PM briefs were only properly being carried by CBC News 24 hours.

Rogers seems perfectly fine with giving RT the plum spot on the News Mix channel with a volume boot to boot. Not bad for an information channel that has been proven to be a Russian disinformation service.

Rogers doesn't care about people that have downgraded their service to startup, I get that. I don't use the TV service as my main source of day to day TV for the most part, just to get local news. It shouldn't be that much work to have the SUBSCRIBED channel picks updated when Rogers drops or adds channels. They reboot PVRs remotely regularly.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rickwl2000 wrote:

That's not an answer since I don't get paper bills, haven't in years.

We're not talking about paper bills. You can see/download your bills using MyRogers.  The channel announcements are all there in your e-bills. (pdfs).  The only channel announcement that was missed in the past couple of years that I know of is FoxSR.  As for subscribed channels, I believe that can be requested electronically, perhaps by PMing the mods on this forum.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Also, I get a list of subscribed channels automatically e-mailed to me whenever I renew my "contract" (last done in April 2020 for me).