Stuttering and pixelation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Stuttering and pixelation

@57 wrote:

It's possible that the iHDD in your "old" 8300HD is starting to have issues

It's something I feared at the back of my mind, but I've seen what that looks like on the first 8300SD I had, freezing and disk error messages on the display, requiring constant reboots. I'm sure what I saw was a severe case of  bad signal from Rogers. 

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Stuttering and pixelation

Rogers QoS over the past couple of days has been absolutely disappointing ty! We are in Embrun, just SE of Ottawa and it has got to a point that watching any TV is almost painful! I had this problem on the 13th of May durubng the day and finally gave up on it and started using my Google Chrome cast with Netfix which seemed 100% better.

This is making even PVR recordings tough to watch.

I know the techs at Rogers are going to blame the wind or something like that as our one external connection has a cable splicer on it ( I can see it on the pole) but for pity's sake I have worked in cabling and networking support for decades and surely their techs can ensure that kind of cable connection is weather proof!

We went all winter with better Qos!

Rogers Employee hchaud01
Rogers Employee

Hi @rickwl2000,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your cable service. Are you noticing pixilation and freezing on all channels or some? Is it happening at any specific time of the day? Please feel free to message @CommunityHelps. We would have to run a diagnostic test on your cable lines to see if your signals are within spec. 

I Plan to Stick Around

We suddenly had a similar issue a couple of days ago on different recordings.   Also some of the time picture was Ok but sound was intermitent.   Other recordings Ok.  Can't tell if it was the original signal or the recording.   PVR about 1 year old Nextbox 3 HD, 50% full approx.  Currently "live" TV is Ok as far as we can tell.   (We hardly ever watch anything live, we always record and watch later to drop out the commercials).

Rogers Employee hchaud01
Rogers Employee

Hi @RichardF,

Have you tried resetting/rebooting your box from the troubleshooting menu? If it's not happening on live TV but only on recorded content, it could possibly be hardware related. Let us know if resetting it makes any difference. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Will try that next time it happens.  Thx.

I've Been Here Awhile

For me it's happening on different channels at diffrerent times of the day on different digital boxes. Tried resetting the digital boxes several times either unplugging the box, using the trouble shooting option and on line and the results remain the same. Upgraded the two splitters from 1000mz to 2400 used to connect the cable to the tv in two different rooms and the internet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone in the Mississauga (Erin Mills / Britannia) area experiencing pixilation and sound cut issues on their Rogers TV service? This is randomly happening on most channels. 

I haven't called into Rogers tech support yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just confirmed that there is a service disruption in our area via tech support.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've been getting some stuttering and pixelation in my recordings the last few days. Woodstock area. Same spots when I replay them. Checked the diagnostics and there's no problem with the hard drive.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario