Stretching SD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Stretching SD

Hi

I know if I want to make my SD channels to fit my TV screen, I would press the # button on the remote. However, I was wondering if this will also screw up the settings on the HD stations or will it  only affect that particular SD station.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Stretching SD

1. The # button will affect all channels, so if you used it, you'd have to cycle back to "normal" for HD channels.

2. The # button doesn't have the appropriate amount of stretch/zoom, which is really stupid (if you have a STB running Navigatr)

3. Most TVs have a stretch/aspect button, so use that if you wish, but it will also affect HD, so you'll have to "unstretch" for HD.

4. Since the picture quality often deteriorates significantly with stretch/zoom, I usually watch SD with the bars.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Tappy wrote:

Hi

I know if I want to make my SD channels to fit my TV screen, I would press the # button on the remote. However, I was wondering if this will also screw up the settings on the HD stations or will it  only affect that particular SD station.

Which box do you have? With my SA8300HD I receive BBC Canada  and PBS Erie (and some others) in SD and have to zoom (not stretch) them with the # button to fit the screen.  After watching I have to change the picture back to normal with the # button for HD channels.  In some cases, like watching Heartbeat on TVO, it's older video in 4x3 format with the black bars on the sides and I leave it alone because zooming cuts off the top and bottom.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

No, pressing the # button screws nothing up. It just toggles through the available modes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario