Strange undefined recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Strange undefined recording

I've got two items showing up in my netbox recorded programs list.

Both are titled "Undefined" and 0 min.

It won't let me delete either of these.

Anyone have any idea what these are and what caused them?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Strange undefined recording

Hello robbell

Have you tried rebooting the box to see of that will remove them? I had it on my 8642 HD Pvr NextBox 2.0 a couple of times and rebooting seemed to help. The last one thought I had to factory reset the box to remove it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks

Did a reboot and they disappeared.

There were three of them this morning.

Very strange. I wonder what caused them.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello robbell

Hmm could just be a software glitch that caused it or when a update happened, it may have caused it. Either way a reboot most of the times remove them!
I've Been Here Awhile

Still undefined - Nextbox

Our Nextbox crashed repeatedly so we exchanged it for another about a month ago. Since then we haven't been able to get On Demand / Shomi. We have two other regular digital terminals that do get them. 

The tech who visited said we don't have a signal problem, this is a problem with the Cisco Nextbox and "Engineers are aware of it." Well if they are, they're being VERY quiet about it!

There's been no communication from Rogers as top when this issue will be resolved, if ever. If this is a problem affecting a popular product, why hasn't there been a bulletin issued? Yet they still continue to sell and rent this product.

What I'd like to know is when the issue will be acknowledged and fixed instead of having Rogers blame the customer's signal, equipment, etc.?

It reminds me of the time they had me crawling under the desk unplugging my modem, typing in winipcfg, and even suggesting I reinstall my o/s when the problem turned out to be a faulty modem!

Rogers, communicate the truth to your customers please. It's called good customer service. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Background:  PVR was recording around 10p,  not a show I was recording -- I couldn't stop it (stop recording and erase.... it wasn't showing from "list").  In the AM, it was still recording -- I unplugged the PVR.  However, the recording is not showing and space is now low.  Anyway to reset the box to erase all recordings - set back to 'factory'?  Of course, it was a rent to own and no longer under warranty. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't see how this is an unidentified recording post -- there is no recording to "SEE" on the list -- I know it is there because the red light was on the eve before and the AM - but there is no "10=hour" recording there - and no space to record new.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats what many have referred to  when they have these 'ghost' recordings.

Yes, you can format the box.

I dont have mine infront of me to remember the exact menus.  But if you go into settings, troubleshoot, there is a spot in there to do a factory reset of the box.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, all the Rogers call person said is, sorry - your box is out of warranty, you'll have to get a new one.  Sigh.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, i would try the factory reset first.  Clean start, etc.