Stop Deciding What you Think We Want!!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Stop Deciding What you Think We Want!!!!

rogers programmers think they're so smart. They think that we have no capability to decide what we want. Rogers suggests tv show, decides that we don't really want to "pause" a show that we're watching but instead decide, no . . . They really want to see Rogers On Demand advertising instead. Even this forum, we can't even decide what to call our own post. They suggest names and subjects for us. I just lost an in depth post that I spent 1/2 hour writing due to this and I'm furiously frustrated (again) with Rogers.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Stop Deciding What you Think We Want!!!!

You can turn off the sugest a post feature here.

The sugest thing I have only ever seen when on the delete, etc screen after a recording is done or stopped.
I haven't seen it or any other advertising on the cable box anywhere.

Where are you not abLE to pause? As long as you have a PVR you should be able to anywhere including RoD suff (can't always rewind / ff in rod tho)

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've never even seen a suggestion what to caall my posts. What kind of device are you using?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello OLDYELLR

When you are making a thread about something that has the same tittle as another thread or similar, it will suggest it. It has nothing to do with a device or computer. Its a part of the forums when making a thread, not post.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Were you working on a response to a previous post and while you were writing your response, the original thread was moved?  I've had that happen, much to my displeasure.  If you do take a while to formulate a response, the system times out at some point and yep, you can lose the post that you have just spent a considerable amount of time creating.  The best way around this is to use your favorite word processing application to complete your future posting, and when its completed, hit the response link in the thread to bring up the Post Message page, and then copy and paste in your response.  In about 15 seconds or less, your response is pasted in, posted and done, intact.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello OLDYELLR

When you are making a thread about something that has the same tittle as another thread or similar, it will suggest it. It has nothing to do with a device or computer. Its a part of the forums when making a thread, not post.

Okay, I have seen that, but I think it was in Ideabox. I can see the purpose. It's annoying when people ask the same question over and over again when they can easily find the answer using the search function.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario