Stingray Video channels no longer available.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Stingray Video channels no longer available.

I'm not sure if this is a Stingray or Rogers change, however, here's the link with all the changes listed:

https://www.rogers.com/cms/rogers/page-specific/support/assets/tv/PDF/stingray_changes_EN_FR.pdf

The link was part of my August Bill.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/channel-updates?ecid=va-scsrcsupaw-rgrg06052020ag3

Highlighted
I've Been Around

VERY disappointed in Rogers (once again), this time for dropping Stingray Folk Roots.  This was the only Stingray channel that I listened to, and one of the few that features significant Canadian content.  LIke, we need another country channel?  Come on Rogers, you can do better.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I’m not 100% sure but I believe it is Rogers who cut these channels because I continue to get the Stingray folk routes playlist emailed to me. That means the station still exists, just not in Rogers, and I can’t describe how disappointed I am. I listened to it 3-5 times a week and for hours at a time.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't know you could receive the playlist by email. how do you do that?
Highlighted

Good day @ReneHache

As a music buff, the Stingray channels are definitely some of my favorite channels! 🎶 There were changes that were made effective on October 1st, 2020. Some of the more popular Stingray Music channels were added to your TV package. At the same time, some channels with lower viewership were removed. We also reassigned channel numbers for some of the Stingray channels. 

I've got a helpful list for you to decipher which Stingray Music channels have been added, removed, or replaced, please view the full listing here. You can download the PDF and print it if you'd like as well. 👍 I hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

RogersJo

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, it does look like this was a Rogers decision.  I can still stream various channels that I lost using the Stingray Website, or via the Stingray App on my iPad.  (Link for channels available in post 11 and the post above.)

I've been streaming for a while now, even before these channels were deleted. Not only were there additional channels available before this change, but streaming allows much more choice regarding artists, tracks, liking, blocking, skipping, etc.  I purchased a bluetooth adaptor connected to my stereo.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes. I've done exactly that.  It's one step closer to getting off cable TV altogether. If I could find a way to get a variety of Canadian and US real time network news I would ditch the TV account entirely.