Stingray Video channels no longer available.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Stingray Video channels no longer available.

It seen that the 4 Stingray video channels are no longer available on Rogers. I usually put it on Juicebox has background music when I had nothing else to watch, they have great music. That really sad to see it removed. 😞

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Stingray Video channels no longer available.

Hello @ReneHache,

Occasionally, we make changes to our TV channel lineup that better reflect our customer's tastes. This means, starting November 15, 2019, Stingray Juicebox, Stingray RETRO, Stingray LOUD and Stingray VIBE are no longer available through Rogers. If you pay a separate monthly service fee(s) for these channels, you will no longer be charged.

If you subscribe to any or all of the Stingray channels as a Flex Channel option within your Premier TV package, we will replace it with another channel from the pool of Flex Channels available to ensure this change doesn't impact your TV package. You can exchange Flex Channels once every 30 days online using your MyRogers account at rogers.com/myrogers. 

If you subscribe to any of these channels as part of a Customer Choice Package (Pick 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30) or the Mix Pack (15, 20 or 30), we will automatically replace it with an available channel to ensure this change doesn't impact the number of channels in your TV package.

The rest of your Rogers TV package will remain the same. If you have any questions or wish to change your Rogers services, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed on the Contact Us page. 

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Very disappointing. WILL miss Retro. Another reason to ditch Rogers.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey, Stingray (Retro Loud Vibe etc), are all gone. Is there any word on when they will be back?
I called the 1-844 number and got a number for "All Connect". Is it just me or is 703 gone for everyone?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@StingRayRetro19 wrote:

Hey, Stingray (Retro Loud Vibe etc), are all gone.  Is it just me or is 703 gone for everyone?

Please see post 2 of this thread, to which your post was probably moved.  Gone for everyone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now, the only Stingray music video channels remaining on Rogers TV services are Stingray Now 4K and Stingray Festival 4K, both of which are free to watch when you have a 4K Nextbox or you have a 4K TV with Ignite.

https://festival4k.stingray.com/en/CA/

https://now4k.stingray.com/en

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

XITE 4K & 4K Movie Channels gone from Rogers?

So, long story short, I started getting back into Cable after a 6 month hiatus, due to my OTA only getting one station where I was.

One thing I noticed upon my return to cable:

The channels XITE 4K (a 4K only Music video channel similar to Stingray Now 4K, which along with Stingray Festival 4K, are also the only Stingray MV channels still on Rogers) and the 4K Movies channel that Rogers operated themselves (Although strangely not a 24/7 channel like Crave, Super Channel or Hollywood Suite).

May I ask why Rogers discontinued the 4K Movies channel and why XITE 4K (which was on Channel 987 back when I had cable before) was seemingly removed or disappeared from the guide?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xite_4K_(Canada)

I couldn't find much information on Xite's history in Canada besides articles of them being launched in Canada. The channel was a Rogers exclusive and no other provider in the entire country picked it up.

Did a carriage distribution deal expire?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You are taking away Stingray Chamber Music???!!!!!! How can we get Rogers to re-consider.  This is the number one reason I have Rogers TV.  May be time to move now....  But I'd rather keep Rogers - so how about it, Rogers?  Please change your mind on this!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jtakata wrote:

You are taking away Stingray Chamber Music???!!!!!! How can we get Rogers to re-consider.  This is the number one reason I have Rogers TV.  May be time to move now....  But I'd rather keep Rogers - so how about it, Rogers?  Please change your mind on this!

I left Rogers Cable  for IPTV from my ISP so I can't see what Rogers offers now, but I did enjoy

729SM24Stingray Folk Roots

I can still add Stingray to my new package, but I'd be paying more than I paid before and my reason for switching from VIP was to get more channels I wanted and dropping ones I never watched. In my case, I have thousands MP3s of my own music saved, so I don't need Stingray. But chamber music? That can't be very popular and should not cost Stingray much. Seems like a petty decision. Not sure if Rogers controls which Stingray channels it broadcasts ot it's Stingray's decision. Can you contact Singray?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I no longer have Rogers Cable (VIP) but just saw someone on Facebook post that channels

739SM17Stingray Pop Classics
740SM20Stingray Chamber Music
741SM19Stingray Baroque
742SM26Stingray Classic Masters

are gone.

How about

729SM24Stingray Folk Roots

?

Also, can anyone confirm whether it's Rogers that's cutting the channels or Stingray?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario