Starter package channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Starter package channels

This is where the most recent changes in package marketing packages and bundles get confusing.

There are now four bundle packages, and the 1 GBu Internet and next down 150U include the same TV package which is the popular, not the premier, and the popular does not include space. Space would be 7.00 to add, or you go to the related theme package at 10.00 which actually brings you closer to the premium package.

If you go to this link, you can see the differences (now), unfortunately, the plans changed 2 days ago, and don't ask me what you got in the previous bundling model they stripped that reference material as they always do and has always been a complaint when trying to compare old versus new.

Although not shown in the web site, you can call in and work out a mix and match of the different levels of the feature set of services in the bundle - so you could find out how much the new package of 1GB Internet with the Premium Package would cost, but you would have to contact them.

You can see difference in Popular and Premium here http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv?ipn=1#/channels

You can also dig under the starter package and see what your mixes and comparisons would be against the above (they aren't together at this time).

You have to select your area via postal code. And channel mixes differ by area.

As to why you have lost space - maybe they swapped your bundle into the new ones - I would call and enquire why - just swapping out your terminal should not have changed your existing plan typically.  I really can't explain.  I had this happen once when making a minor bandwidth change and it required me to change modems - was not supposed to impact my received Internet services, or cost, but when they switched the modem, I ended up with a change in package.

Check your last bill and see what your services are described as compared to what they are talking to you about now.

It is early in the change over, and confusion abounds every time package and bundling packages have occurred in my experience.  So what she is describing to you is correct, Premium includes space, and costs more, and is not in the on-line web site listed packages, but you can create different package mixes via contacting them directly, and what are now level 3 and 4 (starter is level 1 now) do not include the premium, so therefore no Space either, along with 40 other channels that would not be there.

They are now required to tell you in advance of any changes of influences on your current bundles (requirement announced in December 2016, now implemented).

Contact @CommunityHelps by Private message under your pofile (do not include the @ sign, twitter, facebook messenger, or call them directly at the contact numbers.

Accients do happen, as well as micommunication - hope it works out - let us know.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Bruce, I will check my bill when the next one comes through.  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

TV basic -being denied 24.99 month - told I need a internet package with TV for $99 .

Why am I being denied the basic tv package at 24.99? I was told because I have Rogers Connected for Sucess internet that I cannot get Rogers cable tv! I live in an apartment complex that only allows Rogers cable tv & Rogers wants me to pay min. Of $99 month for TV

Highlighted

Hello, @Tatndeed

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your interest in the Starter package. Since the Rogers Connected for Success (CFS) program is an exclusive offering it can't be bundled with other services. I suggest reaching out the CFS support to know more about the program and explore the options for getting the Starter package. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

TSN plus package can't be added to an economical tv package. Unless you have Select, Popular,Premier

I have a basic tv package, only wanted to add the TSN plus package and I was told my package was too cheap to be able to add the TSN channels. The only option I got was to upgrade my package. Unbelievable.

Highlighted

Good evening @Darkdavidtewa,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I understand your desire to add a certain theme pack to your existing cable package.

The TSN Plus Starter Theme Pack provides customers a selection of regional TSN channels as well as other popular sports channels.

Unfortunately, according to the Starter Package details, you cannot add standalone channels and theme packs. CRTC packaging rules require that customers first subscribe to one of our in-market TV packages: Starter, Select, Popular or Premier.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you.

RogersMaude