Sportsnet360 and Raw/Smackdown

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Sportsnet360 and Raw/Smackdown

Recently, the WWE broke Raw and Smackdown into 2 separate entities, which air on Sportsnet360. As part of that change, Sportsnet360 moved Smackdown to Tuesdays from Wednesdays. Before it was moved, Smackdown was always followed by a 30 minute program called Aftermath, which discussed things that happened in the past week, upcoming events, and opinions on what was good and bad in the past week's matches.

Since the switch over to Tuesdays, there has not been one episode of Aftermath, so it's now a few weeks since it aired. It appears that it has been discontinued, but I can't find any information on it at all. The Sportsnet web site is hopelessly out of date, and there's no commentary at all on Aftermath. There's a link to Aftermath, but there's nothing more recent than about 18 months ago. I sent a feedback email to them from a link on its web page asking about this and got a boiler plate automated response, which did not address my question.

Do any WWE fans here have more experience with Sportsnet360 than I do who might know something about this?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Sportsnet360 and Raw/Smackdown

A quick search using AnyPlace found "Aftermath" at 10PM on Friday.  (FYI, I do not watch WWE)

I'm an Advisor

@57

Thank you! I thought I scoured every day in the schedule, but missed that for some reason. Just checked the Friday guide and it's there. It's odd that the Sportsnet web site doesn't mention it.

I'm an Advisor

Just checked the Sportsnet web site again, and there's an inaccurate reference to Friday night Smackdown, but Aftermath is mentioned at 10pm on Fridays. It appears Aftermath was left on Friday, even though Smackdown is now broadcast on Tuesdays. Here's a link to the web site: http://wwe.sportsnet.ca/schedule/ where everything is hopelessly out of date. Note things on the side, which are dated 2015. The site is mentioned as Rogers media down at the bottom, so maybe someone at Rogers could look into this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimboden:

You intimate that Smackdown is not on Friday, but my IPG on the PVR and AnyPlace shows it airing at 8PM.

I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

@jimboden:

You intimate that Smackdown is not on Friday, but my IPG on the PVR and AnyPlace shows it airing at 8PM.

@57

Sorry, my wording was not very good. Smackdown is on Tuesday's at 8PM and the IPG calls it WWE Smackdown on both Tuesdays and Fridays, with Friday being a repeat. WWE actually calls it Smackdown Live, which is a new name they gave it when they made the recent change. The Sportsnet360 web site in my post is only showing the Friday broadcast, but not Tuesdays. The Tuesday one does not have Aftermath at all, but that's OK now that I know it's on Friday.