Sportsnet World Now - new subscription not associated with Rogers account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sportsnet World Now - new subscription not associated with Rogers account

Hello.

Yesterday, I subscribed to Sportsnet World for my Rogers TV account.  This should allow access to the "Sportsnet World Now" online service.  But when I sign in with my Rogers ID as directed, I get a "The account doesn't have a subscription associated to it" message.

Can you please assist? 

Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Sportsnet World Now - new subscription not associated with Rogers account

Hello @sstackho!

Welcome to the community fourms! Smiley Very Happy

My recommendation would be to confirm Sportsnet World is added correctly to your account first. I assume you already have checked your TV and see that the channel is indeed added?

You can speak to @CommunityHelps or Rogers Live Agent on the Web (Support Section), or Rogers Care Agent over the phone, to check your account and details or self-serve on MyRogers part of the Website (logged in) to confirm account details.

I also think there maybe just a delay it syncing information to SportsNet World Now since its not a direct subscription?

Assuming all requirements are met.

Usually I wait couple of days before I assume account linked, but that's personal preference (Not that it ever takes that long, its usually instant)

Edit:

Updated info I found.

Do you have all the require channels?

• Sportsnet Ontario, East, Pacific, West
  • Sportsnet One
  • Sportsnet 360
  • Sportsnet World 

You need all of them, not just World.

As added bonus info:

Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet One and Sportsnet World are available on live programming on the rogersanyplacetv.com desktop site for free.
Sportsnet Ontario and Sportsnet 360 are available to live stream on RAPTV Home Edition App for free.

The RAPTV (Rogers AnyPlace TV) Home Edition App, may interest you if this is more about mobility?

Update me or ask me any questions, and I or one of the experts can help you out Smiley Happy

I'm an Advisor

Just checked it myself. I have the Digital VIP package. I've never heard of Sportsnet World before, but it seems I'm getting it on channel 500, plus I do get all of the other Sportsnet channels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sportsnet World used to be known as Setanta Sports, it mainly shows Brittish Premiere League soccer games. I do not believe it is part of the. VIP package, i think its an addon for roughly $20mo correct me if im wrong.

Some possible reasons it might not work is it could be on a free preview or your MyRogers account might not be linked correctly to your cable account online or worst case senario if u added it recently, you might hafto wait 24hrs

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @sstackho,

Just to clarify, are you getting the channel on TV? If not, you can try reauthorizing your box as per below. If you subscribed to it yesterday, you should definitely be able to watch it by now. 

1. You can reauthorize your digital box using the Quick Start Menu (QSM). To access it, press the Guide button on your Rogers remote until you get to the QSM.
  2. Navigate to and select Self Service and then to Need Help?
  3. A confirmation screen will appear. Scroll to Confirm and press OK/Select.
  4. The display on your digital box will flash and then go blank as the box resets itself. This will take around 2 to 5 minutes. Once the time is displaying again, turn the box back on and you should be good to go.

You can also confirm which channels are part of which package by clicking on the link here.

If you're still having issues viewing the channel or signing in to Sportnet World Now online, please let us know, I can have an expert from CommunityHelps PM you for further assistance. 

Thanks to all for your help! If anyone else has experienced this before, please feel free to chime in Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I solved the problem.  After logging into rogersondemand.com, I went to "My Profile". 

It shows:

Here's a list of all the great channels currently available to you on Rogers Anyplace TV.

I'm an Advisor

sstackho:

Yes, it's also on channel 370 where I am. When I looked at the Sportsnet channels, channel 500 had a banner at the bottom which said Sports World, so I assumed at the time it was the service being discussed. I have never looked at channel 500 until now. Sportsnet World on channel 370 is not part of my Digital VIP package.

Rogers Employee

Sports Net World is Premium, and not part of VIP, If you are have it, you know it, because you pay about $18.99 per month normally. (I say 'normally' because that is the standard rate). Unless you have the Extra Plus/Sports/Lifestyle package... which "CAN" include this for free (But most people chose TMN instead, because of HBO)

I'm an Advisor

I'm not a sports fan so it certainly would not interest me. I also have the TMN/HBO package, plus the WWE Network Net Pak or whatever it's called.

Rogers Employee

Its HBO good? I got it awhile ago, and not once have tuned into it.

I hear great things about it. But there is not enough hours in the day for me to watch shows and do other things.

WWE Network is definitly nice to have, better then PPV!