Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Rogers has sent three messages saying they have not been able to fix the problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just did a top box reboot and unplugged and replugged HDMI cable.

Recording issue resolved
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like when the box was turned on normally it did not shake hands properly with the 4K TV and the reboot forced a proper handshake.

It may have been possible to accomplish the same thing by going into the settings and changing output to 4K, because it sounded like the output was at 1080P instead.

As always, the first thing to try is to reboot the box and in this case that seemed to solve the issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now, intead of getting those calls that they are working on the issue...it says this is a call placed to talk about your account- please call us  back...

Anyone else?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

One week ago I bought Nexbox 4K box and have the same issue with green squares on the screen on channels 997 and 998, (Never on 999).

I wanted to replace it with another one in the shop but it looks like it won't help. If Rogers does not know how to fix it it is becoming frustrating to watch 4K broadcasts on periodically flickering screen.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It is not convenient to wait every time for several minutes while 4K terminal reboots, even if it solves the problem temporarily until next turning on the terminal.

I tried to play with 4K terminal Appearance settings switching between 1080p and UHD and it did not help to fix green squares in channels 997 and 998, what actually does not happen on 999. So, it looks like something wrong with 997 and 998 channels.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Finally, is there any remedy to eliminate ugly green squares on the screen in 997 and 998 channels or everybody just take it as it is ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes cancel the package with Rogers. They cant fix it. Been a month

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Today I noticed that if GUIDE button clicked on remote control and channels 997 or 998 are on then picture damages happen only in the right top area of the screen where channel is displayed but not on the whole screen.

Considering that 4K terminal renders in Ultra HD the whole screen to show guide and inserts live channel in the right top area where such green squares and other picture noises happen it is logically to assume that signal for 997 and 998 channels are comming from Rogers cable already damaged.

For now I have promo to watch 4K programming free, however when it is over and 4K broadcast are not tuned by Rogers well I will defenetly cancel at least 4K programming.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup still happening. For about a week there was no green squares but more fuzzy or flickering portions on the tv. Now I see the green squares are back. Im watching the blue jays baseball game right now. And the squares pop up every 30 seconds. I've had an open ticket for about a month and Rogers can't seem to get this corrected. Supper annoyed !