Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Hello @Domenic10

I hope so! I'll set a recording for over night and tomorrow and see if I get that as well on both tv.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else experience this issue?  Any input would be greatly apperciated.

(I'm in Toronto,Ontario if that makes a difference)

I Plan to Stick Around

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I also have a Sony TV

I've Been Around

Im having the same issue only channel that does it too
I've Been Around

I have the same issue but with an LG tv. Large green square from left to right on the top and then left bottom. I called rogers and they told me it has to do with something at my house.
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same issue also. It has been occurring for the past month or so. I have a Vizio LED TV.

I will open a ticket with Rogers as this is not good with the playoffs coming up.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

I appreciate the responses in this post. I literally just got off the phone with Rogers 30 seconds ago and they finally took some accountability for the issue. I've swapped out three top boxes and changed all the cabling on the outside and the inside of my house and the issue remains! when I first called they made me feel like I was the only one with this problem and it could possibly be my TV. I've made sure I have all the correct HDMI cables and firmware update required to run 4K properly. In fact sony released an update just yesterday for my model. I know my inputs supports hdcp2.2 as well.

After much communication with Rogers and their top level support staff...they finally took full accountability and stated the issue is on their end. I know for certain there was an issure with the sportnet1 channel...they thought they resolved it weeks ago but clearly not...In fact all channels other then 999 are not broadcasting correctly. I was told they should have this issue resolved or have more answeres in the next 24 to 48 hours. I understand the technology is fairly new but it angers me rogers can take our money and expect us to pay a premium for this type of broadcasting. Not acceptable! Call them up and get a credit on your accounts.

Thanks again for the comments.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem. It only happens during 4K broadcasts.

I often have 998 on for non 4K events and never see it. During 4K broadcasts it happens so often it distracts from the games.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Domenic10

I noticed on the recording that it's doing the same to mine too. Called in and they said the same.

Glad that they finally have figured it out and trying to fix this... What do u mean by " paying for premium".. You don't pay for the Channels for 1 year as the promotion gives you one year for free.

The rental of the box do u mean?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi There,

Thanks for clearing that up. When the tech came out he said he didn't see the 4k channels on my package. Be just assumed I was getting a freebie. Which I found odd. But if the promotion is for a year for free that's good to know and that explains that. I never told. But yes we do still pay the increase on the box itself.