Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Hi All,

I just recently upgraded to the 4k netbox.  Has anyone else noticed/ had any issues with ch 997?  When watching this channel I get a random green square that flashes all over the tv every 15-30 seconds.  This is the only 4k channel that I have issues with.  All cables and equipment are correct.  Was wondering if anyone else had this issue when viewing sportsnet1 in 4k.

Thanks in advance. 

***EDITED LABELS***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sportsnet One 4k- Ch 997

Hello @Domenic10

Hmm having it on that channel for the past half an hour ( testing it out from ur post) and nothing g appears. Even when I was watching that channel before I havent had this before.

Have u reset ur box? Have u called tech support to see what they can do?
I Plan to Stick Around

I’ve had techs come out, and replace the 4k box.  Same issue remains.  Its only this 1 channel.  I was watching the Leaf’s on 995 yesterday no issue at all. But that channel is not sportsnet.   I got a hold of a manager the other day.  He told me they were having issues with the channel in the past but that it had since been resolved.  I guess not...I know it’s not my Sony tv.   I believe there is an issue with sportsnet and the way it broadcasts to the rogers box. 

Thanks for getting back to me.  Just out of curiosity what TV do you have?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Domenic10

Hmm maybe when I view the channel it doesn't happen but it happens other times.

I have a 65inch 4K OLED (2016) and a Sony 55X850XBR tvs. ( ones in the living room and the other one in the bedroom).
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry just trying to understand your last post. It didn't happen when you view the channel but it did other times? How can you know it happened if you didn't view the channel and witness it?

Are you able to confirm you DO SEE green squares flashing when viewing ch 997? I have a Sony xbr850b 65inch

Thanks in advance.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Domenic10

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to say that when I view the channels it doesn't t happen to but it seems to be happening to others. I was typing fast and typing on two articles at the same time. ( split screen). Sorry for the confusion.

This is the first time I have heard it on here but one person to reported it back in November on their Facebook page. That's the last I have seen any reports on this.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Domenic10 Have you called Rogers Tech Support and ask them to check the signal level? 4K requires more bandwidth, and if you have a borderline signal this could be the result.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi There,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by signal levels? The 4k box signal level or..?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Domenic10

Signal level are numeric numbers which show the signal level of the Signal coming into ur home from the cable to ur box. A Rogers technician can give u more insight and the proper levels u are supposed to have and need.
I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently everything is OK signal level wise. I have a ticket open with Rogers and it has been escalated to their engineer team.

There was reports of these green squares flashing during certain spring training blue jays games on sports net. However I'm watching the raptors on tsn and it's doing the same thing. No where near as frequent...but it's happening on both ch 997 and 995. This is terrible. I hope they find a solution soon!