Sportsnet 1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Sportsnet 1

I have the Rogers (old) Basic package which should (according to Rogers)  include Sportnet 1 (Channel 21). However I cannot view Sportsnet 1- when I key it in it flips to Channel 22 (Sportnet). I have talked to Rogers, and received multiple answers - one of which is that the analog/digital box DTA-50 does not support Channel 21.

Is this correct?.

Another answer is that it does support Channel 21 and I need to exchange the box. Yet another answer is that I need to upgrade (and pay more) for a different box which will support Channel 21.

Not only am I confused - I think Rogers staff require re-training.

All I want to do is view the basball game which is now starting. Has anyone run nto this problem and what is the definitive answer?

Many thanks

***Edited Labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sportsnet 1

@baseball2

What city are you located in?

Have you checked your package and equipment against the comparison here.

RogersDarrell

I'm Here A Lot

Toronto. Basic Cable - I checked with Rogers when I changed the package and Yes Sportsnet 1 was included. I've also checked Rogers online and in the 2 - 28 Channels (including 21) is included. So I've no reason to doubt it.  If Rogers changed the contents I've not been advised.

I checked with Tech Support thi evening and was told that the DTA-50 box does support Sportsnet 1 (this is contrary what was told to me prevously) - so what's the problem?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We would like to take a look at the account to confirm some details and run any necessary tests if needed.

I'm going to have @CommunityHelps reach out to you in PM (Private Message) for further info.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I'm Here A Lot

My default mailer is set but still cannot access the PM.

Contacted a friend this morning. He has same package - Toronto - Basic Cable and he can access Channel 21 - no problem. There are two differences:

1) His is an HD package - I don't think mine is. Would this make a difference - I would hardly think so.

2) He has upgraded to a PVR digital box - is this more likely to be it ?.  One Rogers tech rep told me that the DTA-50 cannot handle Sportsnet 1 . Another said it can - there shouldn't be a problem. Who's correct?  

I'm Here A Lot

Ooops - accessed the PM through the link. They should have the info now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@baseball2  On Woodstock Cable I have PBS (WQLN) on 21 in SD and Sportsnet Central (SN0) on 22.  Channel 22 is HD on my SA8300HD and SD on my DTA50.  I have the non-interactive Guide on Channel 10 (I believe you have it on Ch 5 in Toronto) and that's where you should see a listing of the channels you should be getting with Basic Cable and the DTA50.  I have VIP, but you definitely should be getting at least one Sportsnet channel with Basic.

At the top of the screen, when you go to SHOP > TV > Packages and then scroll down to Find My Channel Lineup, you can see what you should get in Toronto with an HD box, SD box and a Digital Adapter. I see for an SD box 21 is Sportsnet ONE and 22 is Sportsnet Ontario.  For the digital adapters there is no Channel 21 and 22 is Sportsnet Ontario.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Unless Toronto is different that where I live, Sportsnet ONE is not available on the DTA-50. I have the VIP package and on the TV with the main box I get Sportsnet ONE but not on the TV's that have only the DTA-50 box.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The DTAs are meant to tune the channels that were once analogue.  I don't believe SN1 was

ever analogue.  See items 5 & 6 of the link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

DTA FAQ:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/adapter/281

I'm Here A Lot

Darrell - I supplied the info this morning. Is the investigation complete? What was the result?