Sound cutting out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Sound cutting out

Ever since the new channels update (Rogers GRID) my sound on my 4642HD has been cutting out every few minutes. It last 3-4 seconds... just enough to be annoying. Picture is fine, my reciever actually shows no signal.

Called Rogers tech, of course they say it's my box... since i own it.   Just a coincidence that the problem appreared at the exact same time as their channel update.

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks.

Digital VIP

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Sound cutting out

Hm.. And its on EVERY channel?

have you rebooted the box yet since then?

And just curious as to what you have the sound settings set on the box to?

I've Been Here Awhile

We have an 8642HD box with the same issue on the "E" channel. Did you ever discover a fix for your problem?
I've Been Here Awhile

Channel "E" is 71. Channel 278 seems to be ok
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having a problem with HD Fox29.  The sound cuts out for a brief second at intervals of every 30 seconds. No other channel is having this problem.  I rebooted the box with no change. I noticed it does not happen on the analog channel 157. Called it in

I'm Here A Lot

Received an email stating the problem was fixed, but it was not. Called it in again and they scheduled a tech for the next day. I went to my neighbours and sure enough he was experiencing the same problem. About 4 hours later the problem was fixed. I called in to cancel the tech and asked what they did to resolve. CSR stated they do not input the resolutions and just call in if it happens again.