Sony Remote No Longer Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Sony Remote No Longer Working

I have a Sony Bravia 2017 installed on the wall. The Rogers box is around the corner, out of sight. I used the Sony remote exclusively for 2 years. A month ago the Sony remote stopped changing channels and I could not access the tv guide.  The installers came over and reprogrammed and it was working again but  two weeks later the same issue.  I called Rogers and they told me not to use the Sony remote, to use the Rogers only.  I would prefer using the Sony only instead of shifting back and forth between the two as I need the Sony for the apps such as Netflix.  Can anyone help me get my Sony remote working again?

**Labels Added**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Sony Remote No Longer Working

Did u try calling Sony? Rogers does not fix or troubleshoot Sony remotes unfortunately. Only Sony can handle that. Try giving them a call.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hope I didn't post this twice.

I called Sony and they  did not troubleshoot with me but instead sent me an email about the IR blaster function.  I decided to call in the installers to help as I was worried I would end up disabling it completely.  It took them over 45 minutes to get the Sony remote working again and as I mentioned shortly after it stopped changing channels again.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is it safe to assume you changed the batteries?  If the rogers remote still works  then we can conclude the set-top box itself is fine.  

Perhaps the sony remote is dying.   Has it been dropped a few times?