Some channel problem(H2HD)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Some channel problem(H2HD)

I've been having some issues viewing this channel for the past week! H2HD (ch280)

It's like a bad snowstore hitting a satelite dish! That's what the symptoms look like.

Wondered if anyone else is having this issue or just me?

ALSO:

Seem to be magically missing some channels all of a sudden? Had  Disney channels and a few more...

What's happening,  thanx.

***Edited Labels*** 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Some channel problem(H2HD)

Hello @cindylc_81,

Can you please explain in more detail what you are experiencing on that channel? Are you getting a grainy snow like picture or is it pixilating? Can you also list which channels you are missing? This sounds more like a signal issue to me. Have you tried rebooting the box (unplug power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in)? If not, can you please do that now? Let me know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

PIXELETED!

That is the description of H2HD channel. Box resets don't work! It is the ONLY channel doing this. Unfortunately it is on top of my list of favorite channels!

This has been an ongoing issue for me for months! Some days the channel is ok... but for most it's like watching a really bad pixelated movie about to cut out due to bad weather!

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @spooks,

This sounds like a signal issue. Try rebooting the box - if this does not help, call 1-888-ROGERS-1 to report the problem and get a technician out to your home - the tech should be able to fix or diagnose the problem. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

...my post stats that I've all ready did the Box reset.
Please, let's not repeat ourselves lol.

If it was a signal issue, you'd think it would effect more then just that channel? Always the same channel.

I will be calling a tech this week. But I've all ready tried that and I keep getting the same answer... reset your box. It's kinda getting to the point where I'm giving up.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hey @spooks,

Always reboot the box before you call, technical support can see it and you can then say "already did that!" when asked. 🙂

Also - signal issues are a strange beast and can effect certain frequencies, which translate to certain channels. Especially true in apartments or condos (or townhouses...). 

Finally - don't give up! Push technical support to send a technician out and fix your services, they cannot refuse especially when this type of issue is occurring. 

Good luck, please keep is in the loop. I hope things work out for you!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Confirming what robindp said.

Signal issues.. can sometimes only be effecting a specific frequency... the cable may cary from 0-2100.. or similar.. but it could only be at the 2000+ range, where the signal is having issues.  It would then only effect the channels which fall in that signal range.
(and channel numbers dont mean much.. channel 3 could be a low frequncy, then 4 up near the top of frequency)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

..and now the H2HD channels work fine!

BEHOLD! The new channel giving issues for the past 3 days is:   YTVHD!  Same pixelated, laggy problems!

I called... they all said the same thing.  Restart your box.

It's like listening to a broken record!

I give up!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @spooks,

I'd like to help in getting this issue resolved. Pixelation can definitely be a signal problem. I can run a diagnostic test on your cable lines to see if your signals are within spec. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next so I can send you a secure link in order to access your account information. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, here we are exactly one year later and I am having same pixilating issues with this channel. I am pretty sure that I don't live near the original person who did first post last year. The problem probably started about a month ago and lately I can't even watch Modern Marvels, its pixilating about every 10 seconds.

I understand that I first need to reboot my PVR and I already did reset  few minutes ago. I will try it again tomorrow and see if the problem goes away.