Soccer coverage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Soccer coverage

I think that it is a pity for us all to continue to get upset on this subject. Yes - it is all on DAZN and one must pay extra for it, no matter how expensive cable TV is in our country! It was a joint BCE/Rogers decision - same as , despite purportedly competitors, they bought TOGETHER a controlling interest in the Leafs. Yes - a corporate decision to bid low or not even bid. I would not dignify some of the "answers" we got from the "officialdom" about "UEFA raising the price, or DAZN bidding higher". The best soccer in the world is , as of August 2019 considered a luxury that will no more be included gratis on cable in Canada.

I was 20 when I came to Canada and it's been 50 years-I should give up on this subject. It's just that I still smell the freshly cut grass and feel my soccer boots get soaked from the dew at the morning's first game. And, while watching DAZN, I still miss the quality of cable and our Canadian commentators insights, and their familiar accents and choice of words!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's really interesting to learn that DAZN and Rogers are together.  when I subscribed to DAZN I immediately had the buffering problem where it was reloading every few seconds. Some where I read that  it may be an internet speed issue.  I contacted Rogers and was told that my package gave me 70 mbps. However, when they checked it remotely they said it was only registering at 30. I was told that I could double my speed to 140 for an extra few dollars a month. I went for it because I really wanted to be able to watch DAZN.  long story short, a technician came to my home. He checked out my modem,  etc. and said it was fixed and I have 140 mbps. Well, DAZN still didn't work, I'm now paying extra for mbps, and when I do a home test I get a reading of only 32 mbps. It's strange because I have no problem with viewing Acorn tv, or Netflix.   I've had some luck with watching a game on livetv/ru on my computer.  And I have to get back to Rogers on my so called "extra"mbps.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@monawall was that 32 Mb/s test done via ethernet or wifi, and, using a desktop pc or laptop?

Can you log into your modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN tab and copy the Downstream Overview, all the way down to the bottom right hand corner of the Uptream Overview, or the OFDM/OFDMA Overview, depending on which modem you're running.  Highlight, or select that entire area, right click .... Copy.   Then start a new post and right click ..... Paste.  That should paste in the entire signal level table.  Lets start with that and see what that data looks like. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Will Rogers buy back the rights to show EPL (English Premier League) soccer again?

now that the season is back, Rogers should try I think ppl would prefer to watch EPL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I feel it will never happen! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers let DAZN take over UEFA soccer - the ad revenue from the few soccer purists who follow the best level of the sport in the world did not pan out - Rogers gets the German soccer with no people in stands for free so it’s showing it only until they get charged - it’s a pathetic joke anyways!