Soccer coverage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Soccer coverage

Actually, from what I've discovered, it's not Rogers fault, it's BeIN's fault. Hopefully it will change soon. Still, it would be nice if Rogers were to get involved with them and make it happen some how. On the other hand, I imagine they don't see this as worth their time despite the growing popularity of the sport.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes @GDkitty and what I found was BeIN doesn't have a Canadian partner but ya, Rogers could help, huge I would think.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One last point, another fan on another forum DID contact BeIn Sports who owns the rights, about no coverage in Canada, They said you have to get in touch with your cable or satellite providor. Maybe they're incorrect also on what Rogers can and can't do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In general, they may be correct.. but it may varry from country to country.

For say a country in europe, there may not be much regulatory stuff involved in getting it, other than the station asking for it... vs in canada.. it all has to go through the CRTC.

I've Been Here Awhile

This has been a terrible year for watching soccer.   Without subscribing to seversal more stations - SN!, TSN2, whatrever... [I already have TSN and sportsnet and Sports World - expensive and was orifginallyy for soccer] , you cannot watch even English Football.   Please just offer a subscription for watching socccer!  I do not watch MMA, Rugby, Cricket... no occupies SW... and the SW others have baseball... ugh.      

Yers, \I know that Rogers ddoesn't decide what games are offered on what channel, but it does determine what stationas are included in packages.   If another cable satelite service offers a comprehensive soccer package, I will change from Rogers at the end of contract.  Way too frustrating and expensive.   John

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello everyone,

While this is a very old thread, I thought it would be best to keep the community nice and tidy rather than starting up another one. 🙂

What I'm looking to found out, is how the matches are delegated amongst the various available channels? 
I'm finding it very hard to justify the continued rental of a PVR when a good chunk of the matches I wish to watch are on SNWLHD and to pay another $20/mth just seems very unreasonable. 
So then, how does Rogers decide which matches will be on which channels? 

Secondly, with the unfortunate difference in time zone's, are there any plans to have all of the upcoming World Cup 2018 matches available via a more 'expedited' version of On-Demand? 
I say 'expedited' because, if I recall correctly, this has been offered before but it wasn't for all matches and even with that, the ones that were made accessible were not uploaded for another 24-48 hrs I believe. It definitely wasn't instant anyway. 

thanks for the help everyone. 🙂 

p.s. While I understand the frustration of some, it must be said that the available coverage over the years (well....decades really) has improved. 

Hello @Pottertons,

As a fellow Footy Fan, I totally understand your desire to understand how the match selections work and what the World Cup 2018 (Go France! Cat Wink) coverage is going to look like.

The best place to go for an answer to both of these inquiries is to reach out to the Sportsnet folks directly. You can reach out to them in multiple ways and you can see all the options available by Clicking Here to be directed to the Contact Us page for Sportsnet.

I hope you are able to get the answers to your questions once you reach out to them. Feel free to let the Community Forums know what you were able to find out!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Tony. A message has been sent to SN.
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't think Sportsnet can help much. CTV has the Canadian rights to the 2018 World Cup. The games will be shown on the various TSN channels and some also on the main CTV network as far as I know.

I Plan to Stick Around

Another kick in the teeth today - no European Qualifiers anywhere - even for me and others who reluctantly anted up for DAZN. All of these big matches for Euro 2020 - England vs Czech Republic anyone? Just cool your heels players, coaches, soccer enthusiasts from our British Colony here in North America. The Yanks have it on ESPN - well, they have lots of things we ain't - used to it by now? No Cable...I think it's despicable..what do you? Do you care?

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats